How long should a girl make a guy wait for sex?

How many dates/time knowing each other should a girl wait to have sex with a guy if she wants a serious long term relationship with him? It's hard for me to figure out because I don't want to be too easy for him and I also don't want to make him wait so long that he loses interest. I'm 25 and he's 30. We have been on 4 dates but we text all day everyday and I feel like we are really close now.

Most Helpful Guy

• When you are ready and handle the physically and psychological consequences of sex. Time is not an important factor for guys tbh. You can make a guy wait, but he could always be getting some somewhere else while you are controlling the access to sex. I've seen it. Plenty of girls who are sexually frustrated because don't want to give it up. Sex is mutual and should not be used as a bargaining chip. I. e you get sex after 90 days or 35 dates or whatever. Time can't be a major factor as to whether you have sex with someone or not

What Guys Said 2

• It doesn't matter whether you have sex with him on the first night or make him wait a year. If he wants to stay with you seriously, he will. I've waited a year and a half patiently before, (long story). just remember you have to find a mid ground because they all send messages. Too early is not necessarily good or bad but it does send the message that you like to rush things. thats not very good if you want an SLTR. Too far, like 6 months meanwhile wanting to go out on dates and all that makes it seem like a hostage situation, sends the message "As long as i don't have sex he will have no choice but to stay". He does have a choice, another girl who is confident enough in him to have sex with him and not think he will split. so he leaves and you are stuck thinking he didn't want an SLTR when in reality he was a hostage lol

• If you feel you're close and you've been on 4 dates, you might bet getting there. Have you seriously made out yet?

• We have made out and stuff he waited until date 3 to kiss me because he is shy. I feel ready and I think he does too I just don't want it to be based on sex.

• Well, ease into it then. Get your tits out and stroke him off. Then maybe escalate things to oral. THEN go full sex!

What Girls Said 3

• A lot of people will probably disagree with me but personally I don't put a time on it. I have found in the past that when I put a time on it, things went wrong. As that time approached I started to feel pressured and then the arguing started and it all went downhill. Now, I am a very firm believer in just going for it when it feels right. If the relationship is going to last it will do so regardless of whether you have sex on the first date or after 5 years! If he is the right guy, he will wait.

• You WILL KNOW AND FEEL precisely when the time is right.

If you ever need to ask... Then you are NOT READY.

• and there goes that cynical lady point of view thing again. ready or not won't guarantee a long term relationship.

• How can this possibly be cynical?

• I waited almost a year because that's when I finally felt ready. A lot of people think that's a ridiculously long time, but at least I knew that he really loved me and wasn't just looking for a booty call. If he pressured me or left me for not having sex sooner, then I would have know he's not the one for me. If it's real love, he will wait and respect your decision.