A girl told me that I would make a good father. What was she implying?

A girl I know (and like) told me that I would be a good father someday. Does that mean that she sees me in an asexual way, or doesit mean that she had considered me as boyfriend material?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd think it was a good sign. Shows she's possibly thinking about what a future with you might be like

What Girls Said 4

• If the girl wants kids, then she's going to look for a mate that will be a good father. It's very possible she considered you boyfriend material, or at least might now if that's what she's after

• Well when I say something like that its cuz I feel a bit of a flutter in my stomach because its a quality I admire so I think its a good thing like you're on the right track

• I could see how it might be a good thing. That said, I almost got the feeling that it was a way of telling me that I'm not desirable for dating now, but in a few years I'll be someone girls might consider when they want to settle down. I have very little dating experience, so I'm not really sure when a girl really likes me vs. when they just think I'm "nice" in a general way.

• I don't think anyone knows when someone likes them but I don't think saying that you'd be a good dad means you're seen as someone whose undesirable to date you might be throwing this out of porprotion you know you're in the friendzone when a girl says something along the lines of "You're like a brother to me," or any kind of family member sometimes best friend is bad too or if she hopes you get a great girl you are friendzoned move on you missed your window if a girl likes you like doesn't say You're like a brother to me, You're my best friend, or hopes you get with someone else that deserves you your fine this isn't something you should worry about she just thinks you are good with kids

• Asexual? Doesn't being a dad imply sex? At least the one time, I guess. My take is that she sees as husband material, as in marrying her one day. But then again she could be just saying it to put it out in the ether with no real intentions, Who knows.

• It's just that most 20 year-old girls see dads as asexual figures. I can't tell if she meant it as me being husband material or just being kind of a softy.

• She thinks you would a great father because you are good with kids. I don't think she sees you as asexual..

What Guys Said 0