What do guys think about girls who like rap/hiphop/ R&B?

I really like those kinda songs and I am super girly.

I especially love the weeknd cause he's so dark but I realize a lot of these songs objectify women and stuff and don't really care.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they're interesting. Not a lot of girls like those genres.

• I know so hard to find another girl who shares the same music taste as me... like I cringe when I listen to taylor swift.

What Guys Said 6

• Switch to the metal side, its way more epic \m/

• I don't like metal sorry.

• Yeah I like all genres of music including some rap/hiphop/R&B. However, I dislike most songs because of the vast amount of drugs, sex, and profanity used in the lyrics. =(

• Depends what kind of rap. If she starts talking about how awesome little wayne is... "god this bitch is probably dumb as fuck"

• little wayne doesn't count as rap lol

• eryka badu, andre 3000, nas, drake, yes rap objectifies women and it objectifies men at the same time in subtle ways. I like Nicki Minaj a little and she objectifies men, I think I don't really care. People talk.

• I don't like modern rap. I like old school rap but i mostly listen to EDM or what ignorant people call "techno".

• Old school rap for me.

• I like old kanye.

• I love old and new kanye. But I love a girl who knows her classics

What Girls Said 1

• I've finally found someone like me! Lots of people get surprised when I say I'm into music like this cause im usually percieved as this smart, girly type of girl. But I love this type of music. Not so much rap but my fav genre is definitely R&B. I love the weeknd, Frank Ocean, Jhene Aiko and many similar artist like that. I love like you said listening to slow, dark stuff. But yeah these types of music talk a lot about sex, drug, alcohol, etc and I think that's why people get shocked when I tell them I like this type of music because I don't smoke or do drugs.

• Omg you have the exact same taste in music as me haha i love it! I am quite smart, a girly girly too! I don't do drugs but I do drink and occasionally smoke weed. I wish I knew you in person it's so hard to find girls who like this kinda music!

• I know, nowadays people are into the more mainstream type of art and music so I've never really come across many people into this music and music for me is like a big deal. I would literally become best friends with someone even if I had nothing else in common with them except our taste in music haha. Nice to know there are people out here that do still enjoy this genre of music. :)

• I know! Haha I just find those artists so boring and repetitive.. with no substance or emotions. If I knew a girl who listened to the weeknd in person i think we would instantly become best friends too haha.