Girls: would you date a momma's boy?

what do you consider a mommas boy?

have you already dated one?

• yes.
  • I have. never again.
  • no. never.
  • I am a mommas boy.
a momma's boy is a guy who is weak minded. his mother does everything for him, makes his meals, does his laundry, makes his decisions for him when he's past 18. these men cling to their mothers in a very very unnatural way. they NEVER treat the women they date/marry well because their mothers have brainwashed them so horribly against other women that no other woman will ever measure up.

that is a true momma's boy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah... no. I don't want to be competing with his mother for his affection.

I don't quite agree with your definition, however. That sounds like a very specific definition of a very specific person.

• I asks for others to share their definition.

please, share yours.

• ok, I agree with your description.

• although, I consider that being treated poorly. maybe not horribly so, but a little.

What Guys Said 9

• Wow, I'm surprised yes is doing so well off the bat.

• Sooo answer your own question. ;P

• My Mother makes my meals for me and does my laundry. *starts crying*

• It depends how much of a mommas boy he is, but I don't think they would.

• I should give my mom more hugs

• i'm the only child so i'm a mommas boy i love my mom but i can stand for myself... my mom only give me advice but at the end of the day the decision would still be mine

• then you're not a momma's boy, which is good. (:

• well i'm closer to my mom than any of my relatives or family members... so i'm a mommas boy... its just i dont have freedom just like other guys in my age

• Don't agree with your definition. Regardless, most girls wouldn't.

• I imagine a mamas boy (like me) being more affectionate and kind towards women.

• Isn't every guy, who doesn't have an absolute bitch for a mom, a "mama's boy" to some degree?

• nope. a momma's boy can't take care of himself. needs mommys approval/guidance for everything.

• Oh damn then that's no good!

What Girls Said 11

• No, cuz they insist on including their mom in everything.
    Worst. Threesome. Ever.

• Haha I'm jk :P

But I don't know. I don't know if I'd like having to compete with his own mother for attention. Not my style. I understand moms want the best, but chill lol Let your boy out past 10 eh? I won't taint him too much ;)

• Vote c
    I would never
    mummy boy is always agreeing with mum opinions and not having a stand of his own. I dont like puppet

• I don't agree with that definition.
    My brother is what I think of as a mama's boy. He's very close to her, closer to her than anyone else in the family, her opinion is the most important one to him, he's sensitive and caring in a feminine way, etc etc

And he treats his gfs very well.

• I'm totally not for it, it's creepy. Well, but a guy who loves his mom yet can stand for himself is cool.

• Probably not. They'd most likely want me to be the same way as their momma and it ain't happenin'.

• Hell no. I need to be the most important person in his life not his mom. Besides those relationships always come off as a little incesty.

Buuut with your definition of a mama's boy I don't think any girl would want to date that.

• lol, ew! I think most people don't realize that that IS what a momma's boy is like.

though, it's true, not all are complete assholes to their girlfriends.

• Let me tell you how a guy treats his mom is a huge indicator on how he will treat you.
    I love momma boys because they always have such a cute bond with their moms.
    AND I LIKE TO BABY MY GUY ANYWAY.

• how a guy treats his mother IS DEFINETLY an indicator how he'll treat the women he dates.

but mommas boys tend to cling to their mothers and are assholes to the women they date "cause no woman will ever be as good as his mommy". they have unhealthy/twisted relationships with their mothers.

• I disagree I have dated a few momma boys and they always have all treated me well. Plus, if their moms approve of you they will never break up with you because ether mom's opinion means a lot. I feel like as long as you respect yourself no man will disrespect you in an asshole like way while dating you regardless if they're momma boys or not.

• wow! that last statement is horribly naive.

• I have, and just never again

• Uhhh, yes, as long as he's not a creepy mommas boy.

• No... I don't like guys that can't do anything for themselves.

• Dating "mama's boy" is a great way to know how a man will treat you. Most of the time, if he has real respect for his mom, he'll have endless respect for his gf/wife.
    I'm currently in a relationship with a "mama's boy" and he makes me feel like I'm on top of the world.

• read my response to the woman below you. you're confused what a momma's boy is.

• @zorro8888 when you start off dating, that's ok. he should still put family first. but once you're serious and committed (especially married), his momma should no longer come first. she should still be very important and an influence in his life. but no longer first.

• Haha exactly what I think lol but some guys are never ready to release that attachment
      But the cuddling is a no no from the very beginning LOL