Girls how did your dad react to your first boyfriend?

How did your dad react the first time he find out you had a boyfriend? This is how i would probably react

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg52cE6VHDs

Most Helpful Girl

• My father didn't get to do the whole first date dad thing because I picked him up for our date instead of the other way around.

But the next time, date two, my father answered the door, let him in, shook his hand, looked him straight in the eye, said, "Hello, Jason. You take care of my girl now," in his deep reserved-to-put-the-fear-of-God-into-some-young-buck voice then patted me on the back and told us to have a fun.

That was over 3 years ago. The two still greet each other the same way every time my boyfriend enters my house - eye contact and a handshake with, "Hello, Jason." and a "Hello, Mr. ___." And they say goodbye that way too.

I don't know. It's weird. But also kind of classy.

Now, that does not mean that my father was the same reserved stoic fatherly figure when he first found out. He may have chased me around the house going, "Oooooo Jaaaason oooooo!" for a good 15 minutes before I left to go get him for our first date - like a glorified little brother.

He's a silly man, my father. But absolutely delightful and awesome all at the same time :)

What Girls Said 13

• I've never been dumb enough to bring one home.
    But when my sister brought her soon to be fiance (she doesn't know yet) home for the first time my dad found it odd and unnecessary that he sought him out in the yard to introduce himself and shake my dad's hand. My dad also didn't talk to him at all. Instead he let his best friend talk to the guy and interrogate him. Once in awhile my dad would turn to his friend, and ask him to ask something, then my sister's boyfriend would respond since he was sitting right there in front of them. My sister's boyfriend was very convinced my dad hated him but my dad liked him from the start and instantly was bragging about him to anyone that would listen.

• So your dad thinks you haven't had a boyfriend?

• Haha I doubt my father has ever had a single thought on that subject.
      I have a very good relationship with my parents: but I keep them far away from my romantic relationships and they agree with that philosophy.
      It would not be surprising if I was married before they met a man I was with.

• My dad sat cross armed and miserable on the sofa when I told him I was going on my first date and barely said a word to me for about a week, he just needed to come to terms with the fact that I wasn't his little girl that needed protecting anymore, he got over it and likes the guy I ended up with so all good.

• LMAO! oh my god hahahahaha

pooooor dude! well MY dad pretended to like him for my sake, but he just felt he wasn't a good match for me, which was right.

• I think my dad was glad because I'm pretty sure they thought I was either a lesbian or just going to be forever alone.

• LOLOLOL
      Oh how lovely are our families?
      I swear... I think my dad and my sibling all thought I was lesbian at one point (some probably still do). My mom knows I am not.

• He was welcoming (he always is) but he can read any guy I have dated like an open book. He didn't approve most of them..

On the other hand

Mum couldn't careless, she loved it, but she always preferred me to be single.. (There are a bunch of wealthy cambodian men she wanted me to see) but I wasn't interested.

• He hasn't because I haven't had one. He asks questions about guys, like if I am talking to one. He is chill about it, my mom is the one who gets all protective actually.

• My dad probably thinks I am a lesbian or something.
    I haven't dated yet. LOL

• Lmao!! Thats my movie doe :D but nahhhh... My Daddy be like "You ain neva had a boyfriend" and im like "Uhhh yea I have" and then he's like "Not in my book you havent"...

• I never had a dad but my mother was extremely strict about it. My friends' dads didn't really care, so I don't know if that proves that dads don't care or I hung out with neglected kids. lol

• Lmao. That video is hilarious! What movie is that? I forgot the name.

• I don't have a daddy :( nobody cared... But that clip is amazing!!!

• My real Dad died when I was 4 so he didn't get to have a reaction, I think he would've been cool about it though. My Mum was really nice and supportive, and my stepdad just didn't really care but he doesn't care much about my life in general 'cause he hates me.. I think this idea of the 'protective' dad being a dick to his daughter's girlfriends needs to go, it's pretty patronizing to women

• No, my dad isn't a moron and knows he brought his little girl up to be smart enough to look out for herself with a teenage boy. He has enough respect for me that he would never be such a pathetic dick as to go all mental about like that.

• So he was fine with your first boyfriend

• Yes. Absolutely fine. He's a mature adult.

What Guys Said 1

• LOL I LOVE THAT MOVIE