Dating My Half Sisters' Cousin?

My older sisters are actually only my half sisters (we share the same father), and we've always been close ever since I was born. Recently, I met their cousin whilst on a trip with their mother. He and I are close in age, and instantly became friends. We've both come to realize that we are very romantically interested in each other. I could definitely see myself with him in the future, but am worried about how our families will see it. We aren't blood related, although both of our families have an unusual closeness despite my father divorcing my sisters' mother. Any options on the matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go mad on them if my half brothers decided to try to date my cousin. I don't see how your family will be automatically accepting of this. Unless it's normal where you're from to marry cousins or whatever, then they might think it's ok, otherwise, they'll probably go mad on you to.

What Guys Said 1

• Damn, my half sisters, sister is very pretty, and everyone used to say she was hot and it would piss me off because she looked like my sister haha

its an unrelated cousin i dont think it should matter, who do you live with your mother or theirs?

• I live with my own mother.

• oh so thats not so bad...
      just be carfeul cause it can make family interactions very awkward...

What Girls Said 3

• no problem in it. go for it. cousin marriage is relevant and legal in most European countries, first cousin or second or any of them. and this is not cousin relationship.

go for it and do not lose the chance if you are both attracted to each other. if love doesn't know race and colour it doesn't know relative and stranger also.

• He's not my cousin. He is my half sisters' cousin on their mother's side.

• Come on. You could easily meet a guy who isn't technically your relative. You're just asking for criticism and backlash

• If there's no shared DNA you're good