How do you girls feel about being approached in public?

Girls, how do you feel about guys approaching you in public and what would they have to do to get your number

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 46

• I usually don't like it... especially when it's on a busy road... it's really creepy... especially when a guy asks me to go to his dorm room near the college.. . lol (been there), I don't give guys my number right away ether because they could be a weirdo... i've given guys my number before in public and well... it didn't turn out great... they just kept texting me and phoning several times a day... so i don't do it... If a guy wants my number he has to get to know me first, usually i get weird black guys in public hitting on me though... lol, usually much older than me... so i just don't... you have to be careful.

• I like being approached but in a gentle way. Screaming out," aye girl in the red shirt" or "damn you fine" is not going to make me want to talk to you. Its weird. A simple," hey" would do.

• I find it impressive that the guy has the courage to come up to me but my reactions are not always the best since I tend to be awkward at times. For example, a guy walked up to me at a bus stop and told me I was beautiful, i didn't know what to do so I walked away.. I sure regret that and wish I at least said thank you :$

• I really like it. Nice confidence boost esp on a bad day. I remember I was out of town by myself one time. I went into a store to get something & felt a guy stating at me next in line. I paid & stopped to look at something on the way out. He RAN to where I was after he paid & said he just couldn't hold it in & had to tell me I was gorgeous & that my man is very lucky. I told him I didn't have one & he instantly asked for my number. I declined with a simple I'm not from here. It's just a really nice feeling guys! Haha

• It depends how classy, refined serious he looks.

• I don't mind being approached, if it's a nice guy. At least he's making an effort to show he cares enough to approach and get to know you, instead of just awkwardly stare at the girl.

By the way, don't just stare at the girl from afar. A lot of girls get confused by this, seriously haha

• Guys who awkwardly stare at girls ARE the nice ones.

They never get accepted because h tey have social anxiety which is a clinical disease treated by medication, but social counseling and medicine do not magically make a guy get dating skills, and women reject that person for the rest of his life anyway. I should know.

God gave you a mouth and feet too. Go use them for once, and quit blaming everything on the guy.

He's awkward because he's afraid he's going to accidentally offend you, and then you get offended because trying inside himself with all his being to overcome a chemical imbalance that he was born with that isn't his fault.

The ones who are confident tend to be the jerks and the bullies who beat up kids at recess in Jr. High and High school, and do drugs and spend most of their time in a drunken stupor on the weekend at college age and employment age. You love them to talk to you.

• No problem :) the mans obviously not quite right

• No, he's not.. I was like: whut. Wait, did I something I shouldn't have done?

I really explode into anger when someone's like: I am older, so I have the right to behave like that.

No, it's not about age, trust me.. Anyway, good experience though haha xD

Were you about to approach a girl, by the way?

• Honestly, I don't like it for safety reasons. I grew up in a city that turned ghetto so I moved away. I think it's becoming a more and more dangerous world for women, so women in general are less trusting of public situations, even if the guy is genuine and is a nice person.

• My experiences with being approached by a man in public usually ends badly. I'm always approached by men who are on drugs, old (50 and above), or homeless (I have nothing against homeless people but they're usually on drugs). I don't dress provocatively and I usually keep to myself. If anything, I'm terrified about being approached in public, they usually want me to go home with me. So if I'm approached by a man in public, most of the time I would want to run away. So for a man to get my number hopefully he should nice and decent and share the same interest as me.

• I wouldn't love it but I also wouldn't really care that much. I'm very cautious so if anyone wanted to get my # they would have to talk with me for a while first. I'm not just going to hand out my # to a random stranger that I don't know at all. plus the person would have to be around my age and be able to keep a conversation with me without a bunch of awkward pauses or bringing up anything that would make me feel creped out or annoyed.

• I hate being approached on the streets. Even if it was the hottest guy in the world, I would think of him as a creep and walk away really quickly. It's not something personal, but it's for my own safety. In my country we see everyday news of young girls raped and mudered in the most horrible ways.

• if you are really relaxed and comfortable about it that REALLY helps because trust me, she is probably just as surprised that someone is approaching her as you are scared/nervous to go up to her. if you subtly flirt, not go up to her directly say "i think you're pretty/hot/gorgeous/ etc." then she'll know you mean it, maybe just introduce yourself and compliment her clothing, hair, or smile/eyes, but you have to mean it, or at least sound like you do. i also don't think a girl is going to give a stranger her number, so start a conversation, talk about the party/concert/wherever you are at, who invited you, maybe you'll have a mutual friend.

• I think its sweet if it is an honest gesture, not something he was put up to by his best friends. You always hear of the perfect love stories of how they met at the grocery store or a book store so of course a girl is going to be happy if a cute funny guy comes up to her and starts talking. Girls love attention.

• Honestly it depends on the place - where he does it, what he looks like and what he's wearing makes a HUGE difference for any chick. If some sleazy looking guy in dirty sweatpants approaches me at the bus stop, I make a run for it.

• I love when guys do that!
    Little tip: Guys, if you like a girl, go talk to her. Don't just stare. It's annoying.

But anyway, if a girl says no, IT'S A NO. Don't insist, you only going to make her more unconfortable. I hate when guys can't take no for an answer.

• I think its an age thing too. As I've gotten older I'm more relaxed about being approached in public. It's flattering! And I'm better at gently saying no thanks without being a bitch about it. Girls need to realise that it takes courage to approach someone and as long as they aren't being lecherous at least be kind. Guys be friendly not creepy. Start a conversation about any subject under the sun. You will soon know if you're going to get anywhere and more importantly if she's worth the effort.

• It always depends on the guy. I like to be approached by nice guys but if it is one those crazy or thirsty type of guys I would completely ignore you or decline you nicely

• I LOVE being approached openly and non awkwardly by guys and by the way if you have enough confidence to make the first move that automatically makes you 10x hotter !! To get her number just try and strike up a conversation for a little bit before you ask for her number or else you might seem a little too fast

• i don't know. getting approached depends on the quality of the person approaching.

but i do often approach in public, myself.

i think the difference is that im a type of "stuck up", i think you are not worth my time, unless i pick you specifically out of a crowd.

• I would honestly be flattered but I would be wary because I would immediately think that he has done this many times, therefore is pro at it. But I would definitely be flattered and get an ego boost.

• I'm more of a private person by preference but I would appreciate guys that approached me in public too, as long as they are nice but not too pushy.

• I would find it really flattering and so sweet if a guy approached me and spoke to me in public but I also get cringes so easily, so they only way I wouldn't brush a guy off is if he was polite and well mannered and doesn't look like a hobo, I've had men approach me before and I also suggest that your not full on otherwise she might feel threatened

• I think it is flattering either way, as long as he isn't being a complete jerk and just out rageously rude. But people have different ways of exspressing evrything!

• Depends on where in public. If its public as in on campus at college, then I would quickly assess to see if I like him. If its out on the street, I'd prolly be creeped out.

• Compliments are appreciated but I just love it when guys are friendly and can make me laugh.

• I would be flattered because it doesn't happen a lot to me. He can't be overly aggressive, so as long as the guys isn't a creep, is polite, or isn't just looking for a "hit it and quit it" its fine.

• yes please! if he's polite and wants to start an engaging conversation with me :)

• After watching "Taken", I trust no man on streets.

• it depends, if the guy is a gentleman and not rude I have no problem

• I like a guy who is confident enuff o approach in public.

• I think it's awkward.. Then again, I'm awkward when any guy approaches me haha

• More from Girls
    16

What Guys Said 3

• All right Cassipia:

I'll bite one last time.

For whatever reason, God has chosen to make me this way.

If women like you can't get off your LAZY DISILLUSIONED ASS and go talk to quiet guys, then you DON'T DESERVE THEM, AND YOU SURE AS HELL DON'T DESERVE ME, AND THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF YOU TOO..

Why? Because you don't have a social anxiety disorder, but you more useless than people who do have it.

I told you what my problem was, and you mocked me too and blocked me for it.

God sees you little girl.

God sees you.

Do you want to know me?

I don't mind knwing you, but you don't talk. I told you what your problem is based on what you said.

I've seen it my whole life,.

I've seen women marry the wrong guy, get divorced, back on the forum or dating site 2 years later, and DIDN'T LEARN A THING and go for bad guys again.

When you were 4 years old I was going to college and working for my high school drop-out dad on the weekend.

• LET THE PUBLIC ROMANCE BEGIN!

• It's harder to approach in public because daytime tends to be much slower, and will be harder for a guy to approach. In night time it's easier, because there's more energy and it's fast paced in places like clubs but I would say day time in public should be respected by girls simply because it's a lot harder for single guys to meet girls in public especially in this day and age.