Have you ever been called a "race traitor" for dating outside of your race?

The title is the question! Have you ever been called a race traitor? By parents? Extended family? Friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not used for dating. My friend went to spend a year of school at 15 in cologne got called traitor because she has a well spoken western accent. (her parents are German) and the nazi skinhead thought it was a good idea to attack her for not sounding 'german' enough.

What else can I say? The fobby Asians get pissed with dealing with Asians who lives in western countries who doesn't sound like them.

What Guys Said 5

• Do you happen to be of African or Asian descent?
    If yes, I heard that's pretty common. Personally nah

• I think if someone called me a race traitor, I'd poop in their driveway.

*as the cops escort me away for defecting on private property*
    "I'm just livin' life, man."

• nope never have and i date outside my race quite often

• yep by Chinese girls/strangers for going on one date with a 5'10 white girl in Beijing.

• No, but that is very rude.

What Girls Said 5

• My dad didn't like it and neither did my grandparents on his side, but they've never called me a race traitor. They did ask why I didn't date a black guy instead. Most of my friends are white, Hispanic, Asian, and only a hand full of other black folks like myself and none them cared.

• A "race traitor"?
    Seriously? That's the dumbest shit
    If you want to date interracially, don't let anyone stop you.

• I agree, but I asked if you have ever been called one.

• I have a white guy friend who likes SAs a lot. He likes the culture and stuff. You shouldn't care what your parents think.

• Lol I don't but thanks :)

• A ex bestie called me internally racist for not being really attracted to black guys
    That dumb bitch was mad because I wasn't into her anyway. She wasn't really my friend for the most part.

• I hate dating my race. Both the men and women for my race are either the best fucking people you ever known or disgusting human beings who see themselves too much.

But I never get called out for dating outside my race. Although I'm Lebanese. Strangers with Hispanic origins like to call me out and call me a "race traitor" Which I find hilarious. I just yell at them in arabic and they back off. Hispanics seem to not even know what their own race looks like...

• Yes by only dating white males people say I'm a race traitor. They say don't you know they owned us and bring up slavery etc. How they can't be trusted. They call me a fool, lunatic etc.
    race is just race. You can't help the color you were born with. I think people like that just don't understand

by the way. I'm African American female

• Love is all that matters. If you're devoted to, love, please, laugh with, hang out with, etc, each other, that's all that matters. Plus mixed babies are so cuteeeeee :D

• Lol yes they are. And yes love is all that matters. Skin color is just skin. It's what's on the inside that counts

• And hey! I read this thing that said WM+BF marriages last the longest! You're in luck town, girl :D