Man says I own you-after sex?

In a fairly new exclusive relationship with a man. He is a good man, does a lot for me and always has my back. We are in our mid 40's, so not young. Last night after having sex he said "I own you:. I asked him.. what? So he said it a few more times. Not quite sure if he was trying to pull a Christian Grey or what lol. What does it mean when a man says that directly after sex?

We did watch 50 shades of Grey recently and I did tell him last night he needs to be more assertive. I have been in an abusive marriage, so I guess maybe I am making more of it then it is. Believe me my eyes are wide open. I just wondered if any other men have said it on here and why they said it. Could give me some insight so I am not red flagging it (=

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he was trying to be sexy?
    If not thats serious and if you stay with him it might lead to domestic abuse.
    Ask him if it was for play or sexual arousing?
    Bc thats nooot funny and if he thinks he owns you in any way he's wrong and needs a bitch slap and wake up call. Creepy!!

What Guys Said 3

• He's yours exclusively means don't be getting your meat from another butcher!! Or he will me grey you with a whip x

• Is he Just Kidding because if not get out of there ASAP

• You-Are-Mine.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd be a little creeped out by that, to be honest. Like I could maybe understand during sex but after sex would be strange. I guess maybe he might be trying to show a little domination but I don't think it sounded like it worked very well.

• i would be kind of creeped out if a guy said that to me. if he was joking then ok? i guess... but if not, get out of that relationship