Why is my ex dating someone who looks similar to me?

Long story short, my ex broke up with me over 6 months ago. I haven't spoken to him since then and cut all contact with him. Anyway, a mutual friend recently told me he had a new girlfriend and that the girl looked very similar to me to the point that it was 'scary'.

Our mutual friend then showed me a photo of the girl but I couldn't really see a resemblance. The girl came from the same country as me as well. But other friends have noted that the girl looks a lot like me.

Why would my ex be dating someone who looks so similar to me and who even comes from the same country as me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's got a type. Don't read into it much lol.
    It might be another story if he was dating someone who is your polar opposite in every way. Sometimes that means your ex is still attracted, because they don't want to be with someone that reminds them of you. Aka they care too much.

Most Helpful Girl

• He has a type darling, that's all that it is. I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's reason he is your ex. Whether he wants you back or not isn't the issue. The real question is do you want him back?

If you don't then I would just laugh off any comparisons. Maybe even joke with people saying "I guess me must really miss me!". And then just leave it at that.

People can be strange. But it does sound like he obviously thought you were attractive.

What Guys Said 3

• Um maybe it's because that's his type? You're blowing this way out of proportion.

• It's simple. He has a "type". Like I have a type that involves a very specific body frame and I may like people from a certain country cause of their accent. If there was much more in common between you two that might be something but it doesn't sound like there is so it's not like he is trying to replace you.

• Or he likes the culture and the way the people from there look and behave?

What Girls Said 2

• He either has a type, or he's kind of just trying to fill the "void" or you if that makes sense. It's common for people to date similar looking people.

• Because of his preference, some people have a type!