Why do guys slow down with communication after a first date?

Had a great first date with a guy yesterday. Ended with a perfect kiss, and a few flirty texts later on in the night. Today, very minimal communication, and he's has the day off. Seriously, what gives? Maybe I'm being inpatient here, but why almost sudden screeching halt to the texting and calling? Gaah. Kinda confused and slightly annoyed!

Most Helpful Guy

• Guy know that most girls don't like it when the guy appears desperate so most guys will not contact a girl to show that he's got a life. Plus they want to see if the girl actually cares to put in any effort as well

• I guess that makes sense. I was afraid to text him this morning, but I did anyways and he responded. I'm not going to be pushy though. He knows I'm interested.

• cheers for that

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess they want not look clingy like they have a life!

What Guys Said 4

• Either he doesn't want to come off as clingy or he's being a dick and testing you.

I hope it's the first one

• Unfortunately, it was the latter.. but he wasn't testing me. He just wasn't interested. But I had to ask him why so he was so quiet all of a sudden. That's okay, his loss. :)

• Because it's not all about sex, jeez. Calm down

• Because women consider a man who moves fast to be clingy.

• Ok, but I didn't even hear from him until I text him good morning. I initiated conversation. He's been responsive, but I'm not going to be pushy. He knows i wanna talk, so I'm just letting it be until I hear from him again... oh, and no mention of a second date yet either

• ... dont... want... to... scare.. Off... a.. girl.. with.. a... nice... ass (robotic voice)

What Girls Said 2

• Depends the guy. Some want to see if you're really that interested, be yourself. Call a guy out if he's being a dick.

• Damn right, girl. Without hesitation.

• I've never had that happen, but maybe they want to space things out since you're still basically strangers. I tend to like things to move slow and feel like they text too much.

• If it starts out that way, then by all means, I'm okay with it progressing at a slower pace. But, if it starts out with consistent, active communication, then dramatically slows down to an almost screeching halt after a first date, then I consider that a huge red flag. At least, that's been my experience as of late. lol

• Maybe he mostly texts during work, haha.