Is OK to ask girl out via text message or IM?

We never called each other yet and we are text messaging, but we were talking a few times outside, in real life :D I am just to shy to call her. So is it OK to ask her out with text message or IM?

I think if I call her and I ask her out, she has hardly no chance to reject my invitation, because she is friendly and maybe she doesn't want to hurt my feelings. I would rather give her a chance (to reject, if) by text message... You know what I mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean you COULD, but, would she prefer that, no. This happened to my friend 2 weeks ago, and to be honest I thought it was weird, but it seems to be the norm these days. If I've been talking to a guy only thru texts, I would find it odd he wasn't calling me. So send her a text today and in the midst of convo tell her your going to call her later tonight before bed. That's usually the perfect time because the hussle and bussle of the day is over. Don't be shy either! You've talked in person so the worst is over :) Good Luck!

• Im friendly too, and if a guy asked me out I would say I have plans this weekend maybe next time (in a friendly voice). Don't let fear stop you!! You will feel so much better once its done and she says Yes. Trust me no girl is going to entertain a guy through text messages if she's not interested. Most girls know when guys are into them so if their was no interest she wouldn't be answering you because she would know you would eventually ask her out. Let us know how it goes!