What do guys mean when they say "arm candy"?

So I met this guy online. We literally only started talking about a week ago. I've been getting to know him, and several times he's called me pretty or beautiful. While I appreciate the compliments, I'm concerned he only sees me as an attractive accessory and nothing more.

We were texting today and he is at a party with friends. He told me that he "Kinda wished I was here so that I could have some arm candy".

I kind of feel like he's objectifying me a bit. Like I have more to offer than just a pretty face. I am not conceited, I definitely don't think I'm all that. I just don't like being treated like an object and I like guys to see me as a person.

He mentioned several times during our first date that I look much better than the pictures. And he's been super clingy since them, sending me all sorts of texts telling me he wished he was with me and stuff.

I'm not comfortable with this as I barely know this guy and we met once and the date lasted an hour. He had to go back to his city.

What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are attractive but lack other qualities which would make you suitable for a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you're not comfortable then you can forget about this dude. Yes it sounds like he does value you highly for your looks, it might not be coming from a bad place, maybe he thinks that he's just complimenting you and you'll appreciate it, but yes I see where you're coming from. It sounds like you're not that interested, and if that's the case then I would suggest just breaking it off with him. Tell him the standard.. you think he's nice but not really what you're looking for and the distance might be an issue because you're looking for someone closer. boom.

What Guys Said 1

• Arm candy is a compliment meaning that you are attractive and look good in public walking arm-in-arm.

What Girls Said 3

• ditch this dude. He may feel he needs a pretty lady to validate himself. He wants to show you off. It wouldn't surprise me if he tells you that you look pretty as long as you don't talk. some guys like that just want a woman so they can make themselves look better to everyone else that's around.

• I honestly dont know. Id give it a little while an if nothings changes just go your own ways

• Anyone who uses the word arm candy in reference to another being should just stay single forever