My boyfriend doesn't want my dog on the bed?

We've recently moved in together. Before that he liked my dog, he would play with my dog.
My dog is a Siberian Husky puppy. He's 6 months also and adorable. He always slept with me in my bed.
But my boyfriend insists that he doesn't want my puppy in bed with us.
My puppy usually sleeps near my feet so I don't think he will disturb us.
Why can't he see that? I really want my puppy on our bed.

What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think dogs on a sofa is cool. But, personally I don't think a dog really belongs on a human bed. That should only be your territory not anyone else. If you keep inviting your fog on your bed it's going to think it's okay to have free reign. That and it's kinda gross since your dog sheds a lott but, I guess your cool.

You could maybe buy him a nice dog bed if you want at copenhagen furniture store.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bad idea. The puppy willnot stay small forever. He also won't stay at the foot of the bed forever. Your boyfriend is right in this situation - every dog trainer ever will tell you not to allow your dog to sleep with you. Get the puppy a nice little bed and keep it in your room so he can still be near you.

What Guys Said 13

• it's not that he doesn't like your dog it just sounds like he doesn't want the dog in the bed.

you suggest why can he see that you want the dog in the bed but we can flip that question around right and say why can't you see why he doesn't want the dog in the bed

so maybe you two just need to talk about it. he expresses his reasons for not wanting the dog in the bed you express your reasons why you do and find some sort of compromise

• It's could be about setting boundaries for your pets, you elevate the dogs status if you let it sleep on the bed. This can make them too assertive as they grow up when you want them to recognise the pecking order.

Or it could just be uncomfortable and smelly.

• This is one of the things that drives me crazy too, so I'll have to side with him. My girlfriend and I have 2 yorkshire terrier dogs and I absolutely hate that they sleep with us.

It's a nuisance overall, it's not very hygienic (those little paws were outside for a walk) and it's very uncomfortable and weird during those intimate moments of a couple. :(

• You should talk to him about it. However like you I enjoy my dog on my bed. He never stays on it for long periods of time but I still enjoy him up there. I'm not sure why he does not want your puppy on the bed. He might have a good reason like allergies or he simply does not want the dog thinking that it can always hop up on the bed. The puppy is still learning.

• For one, it will be a nuisance during sex. For two, you should not let your puppies sleep with you - they will get used to it and will not be able to sleep separately later on in life when they're bigger and most deff gonna be an even bigger nuisance to you two.

• Who moved in with who , and who's bed is it?

• I moved in with him and it's our bed. I pay the bills as well.

• He said that it's not a dog's place on the bed and he would not be comfortable.

• I don't see anything in that to justify his disapproval. In my opinion that's a cop out

• That's not a good habit. That puppy might be cute now but when it's 100lbs it won't be as cute and you won't be able to break the habit.

Train a dog early and be consistent. Pillow on floor next to your bed should be the option.

• Where I come from, we don't even have dogs in our houses =/

• I can see where he is coming from, it may be a little puppy now, but soon he will be big and will get in the way

• personally im the same way i love the dogs in bed. they are part of the family

• choose between the man and the puppy.

I wouldn't let you keep a dog in my bed either.

• Siberian Husky <3.. u should break up with him.. lol

• becuz dogs stink n leave lots of fur

What Girls Said 13

• Adorableee. I would say don't give in. Your dog slept with you in your bed before so I don't see why you have to change it now. I understand that in most lifestyle changes you have to make sacrifices for the other person, but I understand how much pet owners love their pets so for me this is a huge deal. Especially because your pup is near your feet, so not even in the way, I don't see what the issue is.

If he insists at least get a nice fluffy pet bed for your dog to sleep next to you guys on the floor (like one of these: www.amazon.com/.../B00AV5KQY4) But ask your boyfriend why, right now it just seems like he's against it for no reason.

• Some people simply don't want pets in the bed with them for multiple reasons. I'm the same way. I love animals and I have a dog myself but I would never let my pet be in the bed with me. So, you're just going to have to come to a compromise. Maybe the dog can still sleep in your bedroom, but just get a doggy bed for him to sleep on instead of in the bed with you and your boyfriend.

• Tell him you love him dearly, but that you also love your puppy, and it would break your heart to put your dog on the floor. Ask him to please reconsider. Also, they sell really awesome bedside tables that have a doggie bed built in right on top, with a little ledge to keep them from falling off. They sleep next to you, but not actually on the bed. You could get one of those! But it would save a lot of $$$ if he's just willing to compromise.

• Letting puppies sleep with you is usually a pretty bad move anyway. Yeah, they're cute and small ish now, but just you wait when it's a ginormous fuzz machine with separation anxiety. It'll take up the whole bed, leave fur EVERYWHERE, and freak out when you don't want it on the bed anymore. And let's not even get started on the difficulty you'll have getting laid, unless you like being watched by those innocent eyes three feet away while your boyfriend rails you. Not a great investment for the future. But it's your relationship and your dog, so it's up to you. Just laying down facts.

• The dog will get very big and then that might become a problem. So you'll have to teach it to stay on the ground. Get a bed for your dog to put next to your bed.

• Because it's nasty. Cute or not. You should respect your boyfriends decision because he sleeps there now. Before he moved in he respected your decision to sleep with your dog, but now it's different because it's also his bed.

I can already imagine the nasty smell in your room and the dog hair on your bed. Yuck. I have 2 dogs and I love them very much, I let them hang out in my couch and even if they shed a little bit of hair and you wash them everyday, a dog still smells.

Being in a relationship is about compromise. This compromise doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Talk to him! Compromise?

• Because with two people and a dog it can get pretty cramped and annoying, and disrupt quality of sleep.

• It's his bed too now, he gets a say, a lot of people don't want to dogs on there for hair and hygiene purposes. You can't make him let the dog sleep on the bed.

• You should definitely ask his reasons for not wanting the dog on the bed? With a 6 month old husky I can see several legitimate reasons for not wanting the dog on the bed. Sharing the bed with a full sized husky may rapidly get uncomfortable. Shedding is definitely going to be a problem, and dirty doggy feet. And pray you never get fleas.
    I have a black lab and I have had to make some compromises with my partner so talk to him about it and be ready to compromise.

• Dogs come before boys. Especially if the puppy was there first. Just tell your boyfriend to take a chill pill. Oh em gee, a cute puppy is sleeping with us, what a tragedy... 😑 First world problems. If he doesn't like your pup sleeping there, he can gtfo.

• you boyfriend wants the bed to be your space together if you want the dog in the room get a dog bed for him and keep the bed a private space for you and your boyfriend. this is a compromise it is what needs to be done in relationships.

• I also love to sleep with my dog but is not for everyone. And I know that husky puppies are kind of big.

• Hi, I tried following you so that I could send you a message to ask a question... but it still says I can't message you because you only accept message from followings. i have no idea how this site works!!! lol

• @nachosaresexy mmm I do not understand too. I will try to message you.