Girls, Is 5'8" (172cm) too short for a guy, when it comes to the dating scene? (Rejected because of height)?

I'm 18 years old, and 5'8" barefoot. With shoes on I'm 5'9". I KNOW that this is on the short side for a guy in general; but is it so short that it's going to cause me major issues when it comes to dating? Today I was talking to a girl who I found cute, we were already acquaintances and I wanted to take it just a step forward. So as I tried to squeeze in asking her number to possibly arrange a date, she says, and this is word for word: "sorry, really, it's just that you're kinda short. I definitely would if you were a little taller!" She asked me for my height and said she likes 6 foot+ guys. She also said she's 5'1" (looks like it too). There was a notable height difference and we both had to tilt our heads a little.

TLDR: a girl rejected me for being too short even though I had an easy 7 inches on her (please no sexual jokes lmao). Is 5'8"-9" going to cause me actual issues, or was it just a way for her to turn me down because she didn't find me facially attractive (which I'm absolutely fine with, we all have different likings)?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope I'm 5'10 I dare short guys all the time 5'7 everyone has their fetishes , I mean preferences on what they like. An amazing girl will look past your height, weight, race, economic background if you having an amazing personality, make her feel special. There are shallow people don't let them not liking you cause you to feel like you're not amazing. Not everyone is going to like you once you accept that, you won't have lowself rested about your height.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't really mind if a guy is under 6 feet my only thing is I'd want to date one that was taller than me by a few inches. I wouldn't want to date one shorter than me. Just tall enough that I can wear heels and we are the same height or slightly taller than me but if I was wearing heels I wouldn't mind being a wee bit taller than him.

I don't really why girls who are shorter than average always want guys who are wayyy taller than them. That's too tall for me haha.

• I'm 5'2 and would find that height perfect! So she's just a jerk ignore her it's like if a guy said "sorry can't date you because you're not 5'6" id be like ok then let me find someone who likes me for me

• It depends on the girl. I think your height is fine but some girls like tall guys.

• That girl is a bitch and that's not a legitimate excuse. Don't believe what she said. You are not very short at all. I'd consider you average height. If she requires a certain height, then she's valuing the wrong qualities in a guy.