The dreaded maybe, what does it mean in my situation?

So I won a competition and it was a friendly like compotition with this girl and I won so I said

"well your still hot so participation award I guess"

she says

" I'm okay with the participation award 😂😂😊😊"

i say

" well I'd love to tell you in person when will you be back in town"

she replys
" Thursday or Friday"

I reply
"well I am free on Friday if you want to meet somewhere"

she says
" maybe"

i say
" ok just let me know I was thinking a movie maybe?"

she replys
"okay"

so how bad did I screw up that must ha e been the worst way to ask Someone out, but anyways thoughts on what this maybe means?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you said movie and she said okay, so I would take that as a sign that you've successfully asked her out. She might have just been coy, or not sure about her schedule or a bunch of things. I'd follow up and be like do you have a preference of what you'd want to see? and if she doesn't then just suggest something with a time.

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't screw up. You asked when she'd be back, you happened to be available one of those days, and you invited her out. It's not much more you could've done and the ball is in her court now, either she'll let you know or she won't.

What Girls Said 1

• It just means maybe, I normally use it when I'm not sure if I'd like to go out with the guy, I feel it just gives me more time to think if I want to or not, but normally it isn't positive, if I do wanna meet or like it's someone I'm really into I'd give a straight yes, actually I'd even ask them out myself

What Guys Said 1

• maybe is just being playful.. ur off with a good start anyway