He told me he would text me but didn't?

I ran into an ex boyfriend Sunday (we both still care for each other and stayed in contact.. with some flirting) and we got talking and he asked me how I was and it was so great to see me. He hugged me for a long time and kissed me on the forehead. When I told him I needed to go he said ok I'll text you! But he didn't I know it's only been a few days but I thought he would have contact me by now? Am I over thinking this? Do you think he will text?

Update he did text me so thank you for the negative comments. 🙋🙋🙋🙋

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• It's obvious you want him to text you, but why? Think to yourself why you two broke up to begin with. Try to think if it would be a good idea to stay in touch.

Personally when I have a question, I ask. Forget the "rules". If you're curious, the only one who's really going to know is him. Text him "it was good to see you Sunday but how come I haven't heard from you?". It's a two way street.

• if he told you he'd contact you and he didn't bother to , sort of get the feeling he's losing or lost interest , and just said he'd contact you to be nice at the time. he may still talk to you if you run into him in public , that doesn't mean he's interested though , at least sort of my feel

What Girls Said 4

• Think about it, do you REALLY want him to text you? What's really the point of that? Don't bring up old skeletons. But maybe he'll text and maybe he won't. We don't know, it's something someone says spur of the moment. We don't really mean it.

• People say this all the time to close a conversation in a not so awkward way. He probably doesn't even realize he said it lol!!
    Shoot him a text and then you'll get a feel for why he said it.

• You broke up for a reason. Stop expecting more and move on.

• He won't text. You weren't bright to expect him to in the first place. No offense