Is acne a real deal breaker for guys?

So me and my friends have been arguing over this after one specific friend with acne said it was one of the reasons why he broke up with her. So I'm just trying to get a guys input. Say she's super nice and pretty but she's got some acne on her face or back. (This isn't crater face acne it's just typical pimple here and there or blackheads) lol help my friends are raging

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy judges you on your acne, ask him to prove that he's never gotten a spot or imperfection on his skin in his life.

What Guys Said 15

• No! It's never a deal breaker. Thigs like this usually clear up after a while. Reject a lady because of acne, and you might be missing out on your soul-mate. Tell your friends that decent guys can see beyond a few spots and things!

• Thank you!

• Eh I'll stick around just to see how hot headed people are.

• Hate your ass? The majority of people here are great. I'm a relative newbie of 1 1/4 years, but I've got to know many good guys and girls. Yes, there are a few nasties here, and sadly, they have driven a few of the good people away. One that springs to mind is @Thunderstorms. A delightful lady, greatly missed.

• No, it almost always goes away.

• Case by case basis, a few pimples idgaf.

• Not a deal breaker unless it's really bad.

• no, its not that bad but dont let it escalate like where the entire face is filled.

• No lol for some reason I think it's cute XD

• Nope not at all

• acne is fucking ugly there is no reason why u should have it if u took care of urself u would have clear skin

• Washing your face everyday and putting cream on sometimes doesn't always do it. It's a part of life and I think you should take your microscopic mind and try to understand some common science. Thank you

• You can do something about bacterial acne, hormonal there is not really much you can do. That's why teenagers are more likely to have acne then any other age group.

• Just FYI, some types of acne do not respond to topical treatments and can be the result of hormone imbalance. It's very difficult and expensive to treat this sort of acne. Long story short, acne is NOT a reflection of how well a person takes care of themselves. Don't be so quick to judge.

• nah, if she's super nice then i'd go for it

• yea its disgusting

• No, I've dated girls with acnes back in high school.

• If I see one pimple it's over with.

• Acne is cute.

• Haha funny. I can picture you going up to my friend and pinching her bumpy cheeks.

• Yep. I would embarrass the hell out of her cute widdle acne features

• Of course, it is. It means bad hygiene and unhealthy hormones on us subconsciously.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• It will depend on the guy. Unless the acne is really severe, I don't think it's usually a deal breaker. Acne happens, especially in the teen years. The thing is though, people with acne might be really self-conscious about it and not confident, which could come across as unattractive.

Your friend's ex sounds extremely insensitive. Ugh, it's just so rude and unnecessary to criticize someone's appearance when breaking up. Hopefully your friend is okay.

I have oily, acne-prone skin on my face, but I've mostly learned how to control it. The guys who I've dated saw past it or didn't care.

• Don't most people suffer from acne during teenage years?

The majority of guys who not dump their girlfriend because she got acne. This guy sounds like a tool who in a few years will cringe at his actions.

Also a pretty girl is pretty acne or no acne.
    65.media.tumblr.com/.../...e_mkpetuBaOM1qz4rgp.jpg

• I've had acne my whole life and I've tried everything, even Accutane. I now know that my acne is controlled by my hormones and there is nothing much I can do about it. My boyfriend is very understanding about it and tells me I'm beautiful regardless.