If someone doesn't appreciate your presence, make them appreciate your absence. Is it true?

Especially for guys... do they realize what they have lost?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, if someone doesn't appreciate my presence then peace, the fuck, out. I'll replace you with someone who does.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't make anyone feel anything, but most of the time when people don't appreciate someone or something as much as they should, they tend to end up realising what they have taken for granted and miss it. But not everyone is like that. Everyone is different.

What Guys Said 9

• Well, I do agree that can work wonders. However it's not true always. This technique can also backfire.

.

• Nope. In almost every circumstance, the girl was a mistake to begin with. The further removed from the relationship, the crazier she looks.

• Reverse psychology works on childish peeps.

• Yes it is true. Those who don't appreciate our care for them should taste the cold world alone

• Once you're gone your gone... So?

hgtvhome.sndimg.com/.../....hgtvcom.1280.1707.jpeg

• No. By the time you've shown someone what it's like to lose you then you should be lost to them. That's not teaching anyone a lesson that's walking away.

• Yes they do. That's why they broke off with the girl in the first place.

However guys start to miss her after a while. Not because she was so great but more because she is now with somebody else.

• if i dont appreciate someones presence then i walk away myself.

• Well it makes me easier to move on the longer my ex doesn't contact me.. soo...

What Girls Said 13

• I learned when I was 13 that you should appreciate what you've got, WHEN you've got it. Because you might not have it in future.

This is why even in a bad situation, I try to look at the bright side of what I DO have because you always miss certain things in that time period once it's gone.

I used to complain about school, then miss my classmates when I started Seniors. I didn't like senior school but it didn't seem so bad when I was getting bullied in college, I appreciated the guy best friend I had in college though. In my 2nd course, I missed my previous one since I didn't have that friend around any more. When I dated a guy in the summer last year, I enjoyed myself but still missed being as close to my old guy friend. When I became best friends with a guy I always found cute in senior school last year and we kept talking on Skype, I enjoyed it but would sometimes miss being in senior school again where I could have spent more time with him there.

I am going out with Skype boy now and we see each other in person but I miss talking on Skype as much as we used to, and though I now can't stand my ex, I do miss going out in the summer since my current boyfriend likes to stay indoors more.

Right now I miss college a bit now I have finished my 3rd course which seemed to go okay, I miss having my tablet actually working since it is broke now and still needs to get repaired, and I miss talking to my boyfriend on Skype as much (though he is trying to talk to me on fb call more now). I miss a lot of things, and in ways I miss being friends with him since back then my tablet was working, we'd speak on Skype more, I could see him better on screenand back last year, I didn't have the mental issues I have been experiencing.

However, thank you for reminding me I'd better appreciate what I have now. Yes, I have to take vitamins every day, injections every 2-3 months to stop me becoming anaemic and am still waiting to get help for the horrible mental stuff I've been going through.. BUT

The guy I liked is now my boyfriend and we see each other in PERSON, I can HUG him, I can KISS him, it's not just looking at him and talking to him on a screen anymore, plus I still got some nice family members left and made a few new friends this year.

I finished college so don't have to worry about that anymore, my Dads helping me get benefits soon and maybe I can finally go to a drama club like I've always wanted and enjoy myself!

Appreciate what you got when you got it! It might not always be ther

• It's absolutely true for both sexes. As far as the realization of what they have lost I can't answer that. For me, I only realized that once with a boyfriend so I went back to him but my initial actions were actually correct as I realized it wasn't gonna work.

As far as being absent for someone, sometimes you have to break away for your own worth and sanity--not to try to get someone to miss you/take you back. Sometimes a person just doesn't deserve to have you in their life!

• 🙌🏾 couldn't have said it better myself

• Appreciate your absence? That doesn't sound right. I think you mean to make them miss you? I've only had that happen to me twice. Two and a half... where the guy came back and both times... both times and a half... I was the one who walked away because I realized I didn't want to be with them anymore after what happened. Sometimes being away from that person for a while will help you notice things you didn't see before.

• Not always true. It depends on the person entirely.

• If they don't care about your presence, your absence won't affect them though.

• I doubt it. Guys in my opinion I feel like they would get sad at the beginning but after a couple weeks they are going to be back out ready to mingle what guy is gonna live sad with nothing to fuck n there are so many women. I don't believe they do realize

• I dont try to make them notice me. If they do then great if not well life goes on

• Yes that's true... I don't know if it actually works

• Not necessarily, I guess it depends on the person

• Or... just out of sight out of mind, it's not always absence makes the heart grow fonder

• I don't think. Well, not a lot, but there might be a few. I've only had one ex say after a year that he missed me and wanted me back. The rest faded away and moved on like I have. Same as male friends or crushes; they weren't interested and didn't seem to miss my absence.

• Hell to the yup