How long down the road did you hear from your ex?

After the break up and stage of no talking, how long was it before you guys talked again?
days, months, years

and who broke up with who?

what caused the breakup?

Most Helpful Girl

• My first pretty serious breakup was about two years ago. There wasn't really a breakup, he texted me that he was in love with somebody else and I was "too clingy". Then he just disappeared. The next time I talked to him was a few months after that

Do you think he trying to get back and would you be open to it?

A few months usually, just to see how they're doing or maybe I miss them

Thanks for the mho 💜

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Mutual (I tried to get her back 2 weeks later. Didn't happen. Seriously started talking again a year later)

2. Dumped her (she contacted 1 month later. Letting her back into my life was a mistake. Cut her out entirely. She came back around 6 years later after a marriage and divorce. Go figure lol)

3. Mutual ( year later, so she could apologize how she acted during and after the break up)

4. Mutual (few times. She contacted me a week later. Then I contacted her 3 months later, then again 2 months after that. I let go and she contacted me 6 months later. Haven't spoken since.)

You thinks girl usually comeback?

Thing is... whether they comeback or not doesn't really matter. You still have to move on. Moving on is part of the reason they comeback. They see that old guy they fell in love with. The guy that wasn't sad, mad, hurt, needy or jealous. But a guy that was happy, passionate, who had dreams and girls liked being around. Anytime an old ex came around it was always when I was 100% okay with myself and my life. Usually, while I was seeing other women or had a new girlfriend. Even if they had a boyfriend.

Wow very well put. Thanks for the very wise words.

What Girls Said 17

• My 1st ex contacted me 2 days later, then a couple weeks, then months. It has been a year since I have heard anything from him. Recently though a guy I was dating (I don't consider him an ex) for a short while, rejected me and vanished. He messaged me 3 months later, regretting what he did, wanting to see me etc. I said no lol.

How do you feel about returning to ex's?

Once they become an ex I close the door on them forever, if I break up w/someone I always have a good reason too. If I care about someone I will try my hardest to solve the problem, break ups are my last resort.

• Together for 4 years, he dumped me 2 years ago because he wanted to fool around. He insisted on staying friends. I was dumb so I said yeah sure. He would contact me few times a week and that lasted for like 6 months, until a year ago he got drunk, came to my place and we had sex. After that he stopped contacting me. He said it was a mistake and that he barely remembers what happened because he was too drunk. I was done with him after that. So, it's been a year now.

Now you don't talk at all? Right?

About how long would you wait before reaching out to an ex after the break up?

To get back together? Never.

• My last ex decided to remain "friends" after the breakup so, we actually continued to hang out until I moved away. After that, we still talked pretty regularly; every few days, then maybe once a week, and then every other week until we both became pretty busy, then once a month. Then it was about 3 months before we chatted again just to catch up. So far, it's been a few weeks since our last chat.

would you be open to getting back with him?

• My ex broke up with me. We didn't really have a stage of no talking because he lived with my best friend so we did still talk but once she moved out I'd say we didn't talk again for 6 months. College ultimately caused the break up.

Would you be open to trying again after those 6 months passed? Do y'all still talk?

Looking back on all my past ex's, I'd never get back with them. My second-last ex there was just no spark so I'm quite happy to not see him again. My ex after that turned out to be a complete d*ckhead so I'm glad I'm rid of him. If my boyfriend and I were to break up now, it would be because of distance so I'd have no problem getting back with him once the distance issue is resolved.

How was there no spark you say? What was going on?

• Well, I found out he cheated on me and we just stopped talking from there. He reached out to me about a month later and told me he still wanted to be friends with me because I'm nice and he likes talking to me and all that bs. I've never initiated conversations with him and he was always the one who did. But I just kept things short and casual every time he talked to me.

How did you find out he cheated?

So definitely something you would not go back to due to bad experiences?

Most definitely.

• About a year with my last boyfriend, he contacts me every 6 months or so to see if I've left my husband. I broke up with him as our goals and lifestyle choices didn't really compliment each other

If you weren't married and you saw changes in him do you think you would give it another try down the road maybe?

Do girls tend to break up with guys because they want something different? And then realize later what they had was just fine? you think that happens often? And why?

I don't know sorry. That didn't happen in my situation, I have no regrets breaking up with him

• Never talked.
    Had apology 4 years later. m
    Together for 10 years.
    He cheated on me, I was willing to let it go as his mum had just died, he didn't want it.

So he broke up with you?

About how much time would you let go by before reaching out to an ex after a break up?

I personally never have. Both of my exes broke me and I don't see why I should even have them in my life. But that's just me.

• never heard from him again

oh forgot to answer the other part of the question. I broke up with him 2 months ago

And you wouldn't reach out to him?

should I? he was was angry when we broke up and cut me off all social media immediately. so I'm not going to contact him. he burned the bridge.

• About 2 years later.
    I broke up with him.
    He stopped feeling the same but wouldn't accept it.

What do you mean he stopped feeling the same way?

Speaking about your future and present ex's

I don't like going back, regardless the bad experience, I feel like there is no point, I wouldn't go back with any of my ex's, that's the reason why they're called ex's, it's past...

• I broke up with him, I heard from him about 10-12 months later.
    Didn't actually start talking to him and get on good terms with him until 2 years later, now we're good friends.

is it usual for girls to text an ex first? Did you just not feel like reaching out? And would you try again with him or no?

I didn't feel like reaching out, and I didn't think he wanted to hear from me.
      I considered it shortly but he's just not my type, one of the reasons it didn't work well in the beginning. He's become a good friend though.

• For like 2 of mine it was a week and they started pestering me w the old i miss u shit lol

Others its been a few months or never. There's some id like to catch up with from 2 and 3 years ago and see where they are since I don't hate them, but they just basically disappeared entirely

So will you just not reach out to them because you can't or what? Isn't it common for girls to start talking to their ex again?

• 3 months later he tried to Friend me on Facebook
    His new girlfriend said she my boyfriend
    His new girlfriend

• Don't do it! Once you break up RUN!

Haha why do you say that?

• 2 or 3 months

who do you think tends to reach out to an ex first... the guy or the girl?

whoever got dumped.

• About 2 weeks, I broke up with him because I found out he cheated on me, but I was very close with him. He was like a best friend to me, so it was hard to not talk to him again. Yet it was very difficult to speak to him because of the fact that he went behind my back and slept with another girl. Eventually we both acted like it never happened and remained good friends. With other people and situations, the conclusion would vary.

Ok but you definitely would give it another chance?

• I always just to stay friends with ex's even when it's hard and I still have feelings if I know it's not going to work (even if I really want it to) that's usually enough for me to keep them in my life but not let anything happen again... for me, once I love someone I love them for ever just the kind of love changes. I always care and want them to be happy just except that I'm not it and nor are they for me. Takes time and trial and error but it's worth it.

Ok, so you would never return to an ex?

Do you think girls tend to comeback more to an ex or guys?

I'd say it's pretty even. I do know far too more guys who tend to have "ones who got away" or ex's they put on a pedestal because they weren't ready for them when they were together and by the time they are the girl has moved on but that could just be people I know.

• My ex didn't talk to me for a whole month but on social media was like hmu I am bored/no one to talk to everyday. And then I decided to move on and literally a day later he was like hey and I told him that I moved on. And he was like why and blowing my phone up everyday. But before that he would talk to me maybe twice a month. So communication is the reason why.

Would you give him another shot?

Me, not in the relationship mentioned

Oh I just was talking about in general. I've been giving her the space we haven't talked in awhile

What Guys Said 1