Why do we believe the lie that women get over a break up faster than men?

It's been my experience that girls especially on this site are still hung up on there ex. I even know a couple of girls IRL that are still virgins because they believe that know one will be as good as there ex. I just don't understand why we believe this lie considering the fact that men have to approach women anyways so it's in our best interest to move and get back out there, where as women are approached by men so they don't have to really get over there feeling and move on!

All LIES!!!Why do we believe the lie that women get over a brake up faster than?Why do we believe the lie that women get over a brake up faster than?

Most Helpful Girl

• None of those memes say that women get over break ups faster, just that we mourn the relationship and then move on as men tend to think they've moved on and then later feel like they made a mistake.

And I've never heard of such a lie. I've always believed men get over break ups faster than women do.

Most Helpful Guy

• da fuck is this gay ass shit? drugs are bad. u need hair to be able to shave, these bitches dont even look like they can grow hair *the guys*. guys are normally very touchy for a short while after the break up. why the fuck would u be happy then sad latter? logic? happy im free of crazy... sad i lost my crazy pussy factory? this whole thing makes no sense. and from my exes the water works normally dont stop, so ists not like its a change of emotion. they just learn to deal with it. and of course if u had a slutty one they are already in another guys bed... then u know u fucked up anyway.

What Girls Said 11

• in my experience, men seem to get over it quicker. i think it actually depends on the person more than the gender though.

• Lmao nobody has ever said that?
    Lie is that men get over it faster, not true, it depends on the person specifically whether they get over it fast or not, it is not their gender that decides that.
    And men usually do go to a bar anyways after a break up, they get drunk to deal with their problems.

• After a month maximum I'm into someone else lol. But I need a couple of weeks of sadness and sorrow then I'm freshed up for a new hunt.

• I still cry...2 months later but I have a date this weekend. :)

• Really? I've never heard this one before. What I always hear is that men get over a breakup quicker than women.
    But I think there are more factors than just that, such as who broke up with whom, the reason of the breakup...

• Do guys really get sadder sometimes later on? I know that I do tend to be really sad at first then feel better later on of course. It is realizing that I don't want to be with the wrong person.

Your 37 though so maybe you hade more than one boyfriend, the girls that i was talking about are much younger and are still not able to get overthere first relationship

Yeah that's why it makes sense to find a girl that never been with a guy or a girl that's been with a bunch of guys but not one that's only been with one guy because she is most likely a hurt individual.

Yes, agreed!

• i cried for a whole three weeks after my online breakup... don't make fun of me, it was special.

you were in relationships with a robot? cause wtf is online breakup...

• Haha lol I never stay hung up over men or cry over them or anything. I just keep on moving.

But according to you you've never been in a relationship, but you shouldn't have to worry since you getting an arranged marriage

I know, cause who want to leave their husband just so she can get killed by her husband in an honour killing 😱

Lol at least I won't end up a lonely loser like you already are ;)

• Usually whoever gets dumped is sadder.

• I don't know... the pictures below are generally how it worked in my group of friends. I guess it depends on the type of people you know maybe or geography? I don't know.

• Don't really know women like you describe. But every ex I and my friends have had, will still be calling begging and crying months later, and some even years later. Even one guy I was with 10 years ago cried when I got pregnant recently. I literally know only 1 who gets hung up on exes, but that is just because she's so desperate for a man, so really as soon as the next one comes she's over the ex.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm no crier but I would be lying if I say it didn't get to me. The pictures above don't represent at least me very well. I'd say I fit on the right side, in all honesty. I'm a hot mess after a breakup with someone I really liked.

• That stuff is made by women to make themselves feel better. In the end, men get over it faster... usually.

• It's same for both, first days acting cool and it's fine i don't need him/her in my life, second phase trying to figure what happened and why, and how it effect them in the future and crying comes now and then. Third phase is just a mess.
    If someone breakup without any of this, well damn then you have the ultimate stoned person.

• I think it's worse on guys, cause we think of it as a waste of time. Men are very routine, even the eclectic ones. Allowing a women into your routine. HUGE. Losing that constant is devastating. We can't look at the good times, in our heads they died with the relationship. Wimen get memories, nen get ash and rubble. It's a legitimate destruction. Takes time to deal with the mess.

• There are a LOT of lies about women that are believed.

I attribute it to a large, effective propaganda campaign.

• Girls do not get over it faster, they keep thinking and thinking about it and it will never go away

• It's not a lie. It's true. On average. It's the case with every women. You know, people are different, right?

• Opportunity

Supply and demand

• Nah pics are true

• man, what is so important about this topic, you better focus on some real shit

• I dunno. The stereotype is that woman gets more hurt from breakups than men. However maybe that's because men internalize their issues more than women. A girl has societal permission to cry, eat ice cream and pour her heart out. If a man does this he is a pussy.

I personally had delayed reactions after breakups. Those memes above are actually very true for some guys. I was initially relieved, but later serious depression crept on me.

• man if that's the case, I'm definitely the chick in the break up hahaha, cried like a little bitch for weeks. I'm fairly over her now and honestly from the last time I saw my ex she didn't really give a fuck or tried pretending otherwise, but that's probably because she never actually loved me.