Should I date my dad's best friend?

Well I see him a lot because of car shows as I go with my dad, we always joke around and flirt but I thought nothing of it as I thought it was never going to happen.

He started texting me couple of days ago (not in a creepy way)

and told me he likes me

there is a hell of a age gap (15) but I do like him I think

he wants to keep it secret from my dad, I don't know what to do ://please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• dont do it, honey you are going to just save yourself so many problems if you don't it. plus if he does something wrong ur dad will murder him

• Thanks I just think I like him

What Guys Said 4

• It doesn't matter if he flirts with you and you started to like him. He is 31 and you are 16. Trust me, you don't want to get in those kinda troubles.

And he wants to keep it a secret, because:

1. You are 16. He is 31. That's called a pedophile in the term of that you aren't full grown and he is. And the enormous age gap of 2 (!) times your age!

2. He's a friend of your dad. He wouldn't want his friend to know.

3. He's friend, your dad, would probably beat the sh*t out of him and if you two dated it could be worse.

Besides... Everybody can make you smile, while looking young and being nice to you. That is no reason to go with a 31 year old male, who wants to keep this relationship a secret. You could be kidnapped or who knows what... Yes now he looks nice, tomorrow you wish he never existed.

• The odds of you keeping it a secret from your father aren't very good.

If you're ok with the possibility of making your father lose a good friend friend , and alienating your whole family so that you can pursue an iffy relationship with a man who is twice your age, go for it. Also, if anyone ever finds out, chances are the dude will be put in prison for statutory rape.

The decision is yours, and I'm hoping you'll carefully weigh the benefits and consequences of your actions.

• Don't do it

If a guy that age is going after a girl your age

The only thing he wants is sex

Stay away from him

and you should actually tell your dad what he is trying to do

• To close to home etc, it will mess you relationships up, and it can get weird, try someone else not to close to home...

What Girls Said 4

• Wow, I'm sorry but I think this is completely disgusting. I know that age differences sometimes don't harm the relationship, for example my boyfriend is 19 and I am 16. That is okay only because we are close in age. But 15 years is too much especially since you are also 16. Not to mention he is your dad's friend, you would NO chance what so ever keeping this form your dad. This guy is probably just a pedo anyways. A guy that is 15 years older than a 16 year old girl is probably just looking for a hot young piece of ass - just being honest here. Try to find someone your own age and that you truly do love. Hope this helped a bit.

Best of Luck. :D

Kismett

• Yeah but I see him every sunday how do I make things less akward

• Just let him know you see him more as a fatherly figure, considering you are young he should understand and if he doesn't back off you HAVE to let your dad know.

Best of Luck. :D

• Thanks :)

• I'm sorry, do you not fully understand the question your asking?

You may not realize it just yet, but it's disgusting, and that's extremely creepy of him.

• No, this is a horrible idea. He is creeping on an under-age girl that is the daughter of his supposedly best friend? What kind of friend is that. And with him wanting you to hide this from your dad, that is not cool. This guy is awful. Stay far away from him.

• No offense but he sounds really pervy. He's like twice your age ( you said that he is 15 years older and you are 16) so that makes him 31ish and you are NOT LEGAL age (depending on the state of residence of course). Now I'm not your parent but if I was and found out that my friend was hitting on my daughter I would flip the f*** out. And If he wants to keep it secret from your dad then something shady is going down. If he had good intention he would speak up. Don't do it, save the text messages, therefore if you fee like telling your dad then you have something to show him or if something happens (heaven forbid) you have proof.

God please don't do it. It will be messy and nothing good comes out of any "secret relationship." You are young so you can find someone a hellava lot closer to your age.

• Thanks :) I don't know tho I might like him :/

• He should be working, probably had many different types of relationships, he's 31 so I highly doubt that he is going to willing date you without wanting a sexual relationship in less then a couple of months. You are still in high school, you might be thinking about going to college, and have your own dreams for your life. He has already been through that stage. But he can easily ruin your dreams.

• Yes, her dad would blow a fuse if he found out. There is a reason his "friend" wants to keep this on the DL. Dad would recognize the guy was out for sex. What kind of real dating and courting could he possibly be trying to have if she is 16 and wants to hide what they are doing.