When guys are heartbroken, what do they do?

we all know girls cry and cry for days, weeks, months and constantly think about texting or calling their ex.. even drunk call sometimes. what do guys do when they are heartbroken? how do they act and how do they get over it?

Most Helpful Guy

• In the words of Richard Pryor. "When women get their heart broken they cry. Men try to hold it in like it don't hurt, and walk around and get hit by trucks. People say "didn't he see that truck?" He wouldn't have seen a 747 airplane, because his HEART WAS BROKE. Men don't graduate until someone breaks your heart. That is your diploma, it either kill you or it make you fat" Men don't get sympathy or usually don't have shoulders to cry on like women do so it's a little harder. Hanging out with friends and family, staying busy, going places, doing excting things. Stuff like that is to get over someone, not to mention finding someone else like many girls do. It just depends on the guy.

• But is it constantly on their minds?

• Like I said it depends on the guy. It's the same for girls too. Staying busy and doing good things helps to not think about it all the time. If someone is just sitting in one place and doing nothing, then they will think about it much more.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, for me, I get really depressed.

• Well I must be a female then because it's what I do too -_-

• I for one can say that I think about my ex constantly. But like others have said, it really depends on the person. It would also depend on the relationship's length and the factors that caused the break-up. Guys usually dnt bear their souls to anyone. If A guy were to do this it would be to one of his best friends. One which has been in a similar situation and can sympathize and get advice from. Every guy has that friend in his crew. The pain can last from a couple weeks to a couple years. The longer and happier the relationship, the longer it will take for the guys pain to eventually ease--- and the less he will blow up his ex's phone by calling and texting. And of course, crying is usually mixed in also. Any guy that denies crying after a break up is usually deserving of the break up or more than likely...LYING.

• Do guys usually cry after a break up? I was with him 5 months but I know he felt a lot for me.. when I ended things it was because he ditched me but he was busy I regretted it later but I went to his house got my stuff and left.. when I was there he had his friends over on the couch but he was in his room on the bed facing the wall looking through his phone? I think he still feels for me he doesn't contact me but when we see each other we hook up.. any advice? I miss him and he knows it..

• Well that is something he will need to realize own his own. I'm currently in the same situation. I dnt know wut to do anymore than what I've done so now it is a waiting game for me. I can't hook up with my ex because we moved apart from each other. All I can do is hope that she realizes I really am one of the greatest guys in the world. After she realizes how good of a catch I am, she will eventually come back. The best we can do in our situations is pray that what we desire is truly meant to be.

• Aw I'm sorry I wish you the best of luck with everything! yea I know how it is for girls.. give her space and I can gaurantee you she will come back. but for guys its different. am I wrong to keep hooking up with him? I don't want him to loose interest I'm scared.. I hook up with him so he keeps the attachment

• Chill with friends, maybe call up my rebound exes and just talk to them.

What Girls Said 1

• Listen to music and cry????