Would you date a short guy?

What is your cut off point if there is one? I am 5'8

List your height and your cut off point ! :)
god I love short girls =)

taller girls who have a height requirement over 5'8 can suck it! haha
I'll wear those concealed 6 inch boots and start calling every1 short stuff

Most Helpful Girl

• 5'8" is not short. It's average.

I'm 5'6" and I never thought I would date a shorter man, but I never thought about it much because the guys I dated were always taller. Then I met my ex-boyfriend who is 5'4". I loved being with him, so I overlooked the fact that he was so much shorter than me (and a very short man in general). I still found him very attractive. Although I can't say that it didn't bother me. Although I was open-minded enough to date him, I was conscious of it when we went out in public.

After that experience I can say that I would date short again for the right person, although I would prefer a man at least as tall as me because I didn't like the looks that we would get. Anytime you break social rules, as stupid and superficial as they are, people take notice. They may laugh at your shorty boyfriend at first, but they respect the relationship when they see how great he treats you and how in love you are.

What Girls Said 31

• Would you date a short guy?
    No. I don't find short guys attractive and considering how it seems most guys approach based on looks it seems tit for tat to reject a guy for his height.

What is your cut off point if there is one?
    My cut off is 5'10''

• well I'm 5'9" and I like to wear heels that will often make me 6' or 6'1"... and I really can't handle guys being shorter than me... so pretty much 6' or taller is my cut off.. I tried dating a guy that was 5'11" and the minute I put on a pair of heels I felt like this huge giant and was extremely self conscious... anytime I'm with a person a lot shorter than me I feel that way... it sucks being a tall girl...

• My husband is 5'8... I like shorter guys personally, I feel awkward when the guy is way taller than myself (I'm 5 foot).

• Hey answerer, I'm 5'4" but women find me attractive, and I'm not shy. Would you have a problem dating me?

• I wouldn't have a problem dating someone your height.. At 5 foot 4 you're still taller so I wouldn't mind.

• i rele would, I don't believe cheating myself out of a great guy just because he was short. I mean that to me, seems so shallow, don't ya think? and yet, some girls do it, they can but I refuse to judge. I have been judged, everyone has, and everyone knws, that it doesn't feel very good :/

hope this helps! :D

• You are clearly short

• I don't care, I have long legs :3 I love my body and who I am I don't need big butt big boobs etc. I love me for me, you should love yourself too.

i am 5'4 I believe

• My guy is short.

It bothers me in public, therefore, my public affection is minimal..

but inside or whatever, I'm fine.

• So is 5'8 short? I know it's not shorter than most girls, but comparing to most guys that's short.

• No, I'm 5'4 too, it's fine as long as you know how to work it, you're just a regular guy aren't you? sure sure.

• I prefer 5'9"-6'2", but 5'8" is fine by me. I'm just usually more attracted to guys in my range. I'm 5'2""

• I don't think 5'8 is short... it's average. I'm 5'4 and the cut off point for me would be around 5'7 or 5'8.

• I wouldn't date anyone who I wasn't attracted to. I would date you as long as you're taller than me. I wouldn't date a guy shorter than my height though. These are just my preferences, everyone is different. If I really like someone's personality, then height wouldn't get in the way. I'm 5'4 by the way-average female height!

• I'm 5"5 and growing (hopefully). I don't normally wear heels. I think any height is fine! One of my main crushes is 5"3! (Although admittedly the other crush is 6"4... I think that's a bit too tall)

• Well I'm only 5'1 so I actually like short guys. I would date someone who's 5'2 but no taller than 5'9. I don't want to look too short next to my guy(:

• I am 6" and like when a girl look short next to me ;) I think its cute!

• :(, I'm 6'1 but think short girls look so cute, the best to cuddle with! is 6'1 out of the question?

• Well it's not out of the question if I really liked the guy.

• Do to the fact that I'm really short I don't think there are many 20 year olds my age that are shorter than me I'm 5'2 so yah I wouldn't date a guy shorter than 5'2.

• I am also 5'8, and my cut off is 5'7...?

I don't want a guy to stand on his tip toes to kiss me, I would get neck pain and look like I was scoring with jail bait.

Plus personally I feel that being with someone taller than me, I feel more protected and smaller and more delicate.

• my cut off point is shorter than my height and I'm 5'3.. unless he's super duper amazingly cool then that's a different story

• I don't think so since you're taller than 5'3, but it all depends on your personality

• most girls like you to be their height or up and most girls are on average like 5'3", I'm 5'5" and that's my cut off

• im like 5'7 or 5'8, and I will not date a short guy

• I would date a guy 5'7" or taller. I'm 5'4".

• Im 5'4 and I would date any one shorter than me

• am 5'7 and I don't date anyone below 6feet. my boyfrend is 6'4 and my ex is 6'5. no offense but height turns me on

• It is true most girls prefer taller men, but I also think it depends on how tall the girl is. I am 5'4 and I would date someone your height. I will admit that I used to have a height requirement of 6'0 and taller.

• What made you lower your requirement? I used to have a height requirement for myself too but I realized I wasn't going to get there...

• I want to know what changed you mind also

• im dating a guy that is 5 7", my cut off point would be my height which is 5 4". I doubt I would be comfortable dating someone shorter

• Hah actually I'm like 5 3

but I don't like shorter guys because I don't feel protected.

But usually evryones taller than me ^.^ lol

• I'm 5'6 and my cut off point is 5'6 haha

• I'm 5'3 so as long as you're taller than me when I'm wearing heels

• I'm 5'4 and guys have to be at least 2 inches taller lol

• Yes I would def date a guy who was 5'8 I'm only 5'3 so that's tall for me .Hey don't worry about it lol be happy with the way that God made you !There is some one out there who will love you just the way you are.:)

• my cut off is 5'6

• i don't think it matters anyway . I prefer tall and I don't know why

• if the top of his hair ends at my waist. Honestly, it hasn't mattered if I really liked them. I have dated more than one short guy. And short guys tend to grow later is what my mom as told me so I assume other girls think the same thing

• i'm 5'3" and if a lot of my girlfriends are taller than the guy, I'm not dating him. 5'8" would be on the border for me. its all about the fit for me, so when we hug, how does my body fit to the guys. most of the guy friends that I have that I constantly embrace, etc, are taller than 5'8" but there are a few shorter than that that when we hug or dance or anything, we fit together, so, it really depends on the fit not just the height.

• I would date a shorter person, but not way shorter. At the least 1", and that's it haha.

I'm 5, 71/2. My boyfriend is 6, 3. Haha.

Being the girl I wouldn't want to be taller because then I would think it's funny when the guy tried to take control. :p

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 10

• Ask David Spade if height matters. He was getting all the hot chicks in high school long before he was famous. link

Superficial things like height don't matter.

Know what does?

How you make her FEEL when she's with you. That's it. That's all. That's EVERYTHING.

And I don't mean, make her feel safe and loved like Daddy would. That comes later once you're together.

No, when you first meet you need to make her FEEL you. Make her suspicious, nervous, happy, glad, mad, then relieved, then curious, then attracted.

Make her FEEL something and you'll have her hooked!

~ Robby

My Blog ( link )

• dude. if a girl is taking height into account then she's not a woman. real women don't give a crap. if your confident in yourself, smooth talker and know how to get her to laugh, then you're in. I'm 5'6". I can get chicks that range from 5' to 5'10". if they can't see you're an awesome person aside from the height then they aren't worth it. too immature for my taste. you make them believe that your height isn't a problem and it won't be. trust, you get some real B**ches who will make it a big deal that a man HAS to be taller. if that's the case you probably don't want to be with her anyways,

• Sounds like someone is mad he was born a midget...but for me I got the good jeans 6'2 my friend.

• Ok, you're 3 inch shorter than me, Just imagine this situation : We arrive at my place, you push me against the wall to kiss me, I have to bend down to kiss you, you try to take my top off, you can't pull the shirt over my head because you can't reach pass the lenght of my arms, I need to bend over to reach for your JEANS, we move it to the bedroom, my bed is REALLY high up,you need to jump in (like my friends you height)... How turned on are you? I'm not...and I'm a real Woman

• @chanel22: when two people are laying down, height doesn't play a role. I've never kissed a girl where I was standing up straight. usually if I have her pushed against a wall I bring her to my height by picking her off her feet...your preferences are your own. I'm just saying never rule out the shorter guys.

• my ex was 5'8" I am 5'6" yes a girl will date a guy shorter then her, by the way the reason we broke up was not because our height lol

• Considering you are 1 inch above the average height in the US, that means there are a lot more people out there that are as tall as you. Nothing to worry about.

• I hope so. I need a chair or two to rescue the cookies from atop the fridge.

• I'm dating a girl that's 6' and I'm 5'8".

• I'm really attracted tall tall skinny girls, I have no idea why.

• Lol No I'm not. At the time of this I was. It was long distance and I lost my feelings. We never talked or anything so I ended because it was pointless. I actually deleted all my profiles for online dating by the way because I'm not ready for a relationship. I need to focus on myself right now.

• Ahh so much for all the hope

• ur not too short dude...!

• I'm 5'6". Do any tall goddesses have an interest?

• If you have a nice car and lots of money etc it compensates...

• I prefer my men to be around 3 feet tall.. peeeerfect height ;)