Girls: Would you date a guy who uses a cane?

Girls, age 25 and younger: Would you date someone who uses a cane to walk around with?

Due to an accident I suffered in the past, I've been re-learning how to walk again and I have gotten myself to the point where I can walk around with a walking cane, I can walk around without it, but It is easier with the cane. I can also drive and do many other things so I am not exactly disabled, just recovering...

I'm just asking because I've noticed that when I go to bars or when I'm walking down the street, girls will check me out, make eye contact, and then look at the cane and seem to lose interest?!

Most Helpful Girl

• i would deffinitly date a guy with a cane that's not a big deal...i have really bad knees (they aren't attached to the tendon's so they "float" and pop out of the socket alot) which is really painful but I have to wear braces (sometimes on both knees) so I am deffinitly used to the looks... but I definitly would date someone that had to use a cane its no big deal!

What Girls Said 7

• There's someone for everyone, remember? But if a girl (god forbid) doesn't like the cane, then you probably don't want the girl, right? You'll find a great girl who loves all of you someday :)

In the field!: I know it's a movie, but remember Forest Gump? Lt. Dan had no legs and he got married! And he was mean too... But that's pretty awesome.

• Uhm. Why would that matter? Have you seen the show House? Hugh Laurie plays the main doctor..and he's sexy with or without the cane! That's beside the point though. For me it would not matter.

• I would if he still had a good personality

• Absolutely I would. Not that it would matter but don't forget that it may be a temporary thing for you. There are so many more things a girl will look for!

• what does his leg have to do with his personality and the way you look at him if you really like him you would not car if he uses a cane or not...

• Awww I can't speak for all but I'm not that cruel I wuldnt not date you because your handicap...thats prob what makes you unique and your a cutii

• yup

What Guys Said 1