If a person has a tongue tie, does it interfere with kissing?

OK so I believe that I'm tongue tied and I'm just wondering if that interferes with kissing? I mean I can barely stick my tongue out of my mouth.

p.s. In case you didn't know being tongue tied is when that thing that connects your tongue (haha "frenulum" I think its called) to the floor of your mouth is short and limits it from extending from your mouth and also limits mobility.

Most Helpful Girl

• It shouldn't affect kissing. I'm not tongue tied though so I don't know.

What Girls Said 3

• i don't think so, try it and find out. Just make sure you kiss someone who is judgmental about the situation

• Not really, though I guess it will restrict how far you can stick your tounge into your girlfriend's mouth. But it wouldn't make it impossible for you to kiss. I think it would also interfere with performing oral sex on her.

You can get minor surgery to fix it though...all they do is cut the frenulum, which is like cutting a piece of tissue paper. I reckon it's done in a second, and it'll be healed within 2 weeks.

• limited mobility doesn't mean immobility. if the girl sticks her tongue in your mouth you can still play with it with your tongue right? don't worry too much about it. if you want maximised mobility just get the frenulum cut

What Guys Said 1

• Can't you just have a doctor cut it? I had my tongue stuck in my mouth when I was born and it was just cut.