For Coffee Date--Handshake, Hug, or What?

So, long story short, I'm going to be meeting a girl for coffee, and I haven't seen her in a while. And I'm a little unsure... WTF are you supposed to do when meeting the girl? I could never get this right. A hug, a handshake, a pull-me-close-pat-me-on-the-back-handshake, what?

Ack, a little background. We had met up before and nothing happened, but I haven't seen her in just under a year and I think I can make something be there now. I mean, I've learned a lot and I was 98% clueless before, I just don't know what the right greeting is in this situation.

So, there. I'm meeting a girl I haven't seen in just under a year at a little cafe place, and I'm seeing if I can move it from casual to making something happen, and I'm not sure if a hug is "friend zone" or what, since when we met up before twice she initiated a hug at the end. So, what's proper greeting, girls, in your opinion?

Lol, okay, I'll go with the hug. Thanks. I realize it's a weird question, I just wasn't sure. Meeting new people is always seems simple, it gets complicated when it's someone you haven't seen in a while, lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• A handshake? Urgh no it's not a job interview. Give her a hug, you can say a lot with simple actions.

What Girls Said 5

• no no NO to the handshake! a hug is fine. just a plain completely normal hug is all you need.

• yes! if its a coffee date, hugs are appropriate! unless she forces you in you car in the parking lot and makes out with you :)

• I agree. Go with the hug-a handshake seems so...informal.

Have fun!:)

• Give her a hug. I don’t shake my friend’s hands – for me that would be weird.

• Do not shake her hand! That is the worst. Just hug her closely.

What Guys Said 1