Does age really matter..she's 27 and I'm 22?

I suppose it's better than 18 and 13 or whatever but..I'm also wondering if 5 years really matters when it comes to early to late 20's. Should I even try?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, I don't think it's a big deal as long as you're compatible as far as maturity level goes. You may even have different levels of life experience, be in totally different places in life independently of each other, but manage to work well together regardless. I'm 22 now, but I was 21 when I got with my ex, and he was 27. It didn't work out, but it didn't have anything to do with our age difference. The guy I'm currently kind of seeing is older too, older than my ex, at 31. And so far things are working well. We're kind of at the same place in life right now and have similar future hopes/goals both in life and in a partner. I can be mature enough to be on his level, but he can dial it down and be silly and immature with me as well when the mood suits it. =] So far, so good. Don't write anything off just yet based on age difference alone. I don't think 5 years is that much difference when people are in their 20s, personally. Not for most people anyway.

What Girls Said 5

• Both of you are legal,so if you guys have feeling for each other...go for it.Society makes up stupid rules like the guy is always suppose to be older,but not true.

• No not really that's not that big of a deal. I think you should still try it.

• If you're 22 and she's 27 there's no problem. Go for it! ;)

• i think you should try but don't expect it to really go anywhere. if you were 27 and she was 22 it would be different..

• Why

• Stereotype

• i didn't say ALL girls.. I said MOST girls. and as a girl I know how most girls feel about dating younger guys. The girl you are talking about could be different so I think you should still try but don't get your hopes up in case it doesn't work out.

• I say you go for it :) it will only be a problem if you let it be one.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm leaning towards yes.

At 27 she has seen & experienced a whole lot more in those 5 yrs. then you may think.

I wouldn't try. BUT if you don't you may never find out.

It really only matters to the both of you.

• Age only matters for the guy.

Generally, woman seek older men, but if you're too old, you are labeled a perve/loser who either is taking advantage of a younger girl, or "can't get girls your own age". If you are too young, you are either ruled out completely or she will undermine you every chance she gets.

• That number's a p1ss in the bucket since you're both in your twenties. Don't let it bother you.

Go for it.