Online dating for guys is pretty much impossible?

Ok, I will admit I reached probably the lowest point I can almost go right now which would be online dating, I'm currently trying Plenty of Fish, OkCupid, & Craigslist(Uber fail). My question is for all the guys out there in my position don't you find it incredibly hard to get a response from a semi-beautiful girl or normal girl even? It seems like all the efforts I make are futile. Any success with you guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree, I think there are more men on dating sites than woman. I also think you should blame your fellow men. I have been dating online and can get an overwhelming # of emails in my inbox a day. How many of them have any substance? I'm lucky if there is one. So, I may not check my email as often. I will do a search and initiate contact if I like any. Don't get me wrong I have replied to guys and gone on dates but only if their message had some substance and we got to chat a little before hand...but to be honest with with you none of those worked out. The guys that I ended up really liking were the ones that I initiated the contact with in the first place. I'm currently dating one of them now...7 mos into it.

I wouldn't give up though. It's great practice for your dating skills and also to get a handle on what you aren't looking for...LOL. But seriously, put some substance into your messages. Ask questions so they need to respond. Be witty and mention something that they wrote in their profile. Give a little more info about yourself. I would reply to the guys that actually put effort into their messages because I appreciated it. Stay away from "Your cute" and "Hey sexy" They get hundreds of those a day.

While your at it, beef up your profile to attract the girls...as I said the ones that caught my eye were the ones that I liked the most.

Good luck with your search and don't stress too much over it just have fun!

• It is VERY VERY hard to put substance into 30 emails if you get no replies. So then guys start sending shorter messages..or mass messages.

Honestly, I am PRETTY SURE the girls go for the MOST ATTRACTIVE guys, and care little about the messages. The girls that I DID get to reply would usually say I don't "look like" the guy for them.

Basically...online dating is screwed because girls get tons of messages and just go for the cutest guys possible, ignoring messages and matches, etc.

• 1d

@andre251 exactly. Females don't care though. They are just there to piss men off, ego boost and attention and if they do, Just like in their real life they pick wrong ALWAYS. Stupid shallow traits and checklist instead of real men the best. Me

• 1d

@ashleysummer you're a female of your dint think so smdh you're wrong still. You females are just jerks and assholes

What Girls Said 3

• Although I'm not a guy... I can give you my opinion on dating sites. Personally.. I would never use one.. just because you never know who's out there.. and you never know what your gunna get.. :$

If I were you.. I'd just live life and when its time for that special someone to enter yours you'll know.. relationships shouldn't be forced, online dating sites can make you feel that way :$

Best of luck

• although I'm not a guy I think that the ratio to males and females are beyond uneven. too many men on the site and not enough women. at that if a girl is attractive then many men will be wanting to get with her so it can be hard. I have never signed up on a dating site and online dating isn't my thing but you are really cute... hopefully you will find a great girl :)

• online dating is not a low point. lots of people use it because of circumstances and it's no different then meeting someone at a coffee shop. and yeah, it's harder for guys sure. but not impossible

• haha, Id take months to maybe even a year to get one girl to go out with me while it'll take you maybe less than 2 hours.

• true. but don't let online dating be your own source of getting dates. also get out there

• It's way different than meeting someone in person you don't get to hear the way they talk or the characteristic when conversating for instance being very intelligient when you talk using highly educated words you can't hear that on a dating site and you don't see how the guy presents himself in person there is a big difference i would rather meet in person much easier and i feel a lot better meeting in person than on a screen.

What Guys Said 7

• There are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many guys out there on those sites. While I've found some success, the vast majority of messages will go ignored, even if you type out funny replies, read their profiles, etc. You are far better off improving your social skills with women and flirting offline, as you eventually want to meet up with them anyways, right? Online dating is largely a huge waste of time for guys.

• I never even met a girl online lol.

• Stick with flirting with girls in public places, asking for their phone numbers, etc. You'll get far better results. Trust me, I've moved on and don't regret it for a minute.

• 1d

In person DOES NOT WORK EITHER :""""""""( at all

• For not-so-surprising reason, conversations/IMs/texts go really well if the girl initiates it. I get about a 1% response rate if I initiate. one out of every 100 is pretty bad... hahah

• I feel your pain :c

• Don't get discouraged though. I actually do this thing where I get tired of it and take a break from it. Then a couple of weeks later I look around again.

• thats what pisses me off, it's easy for women to meet the standards we are looking for, but harder for many guys

• well it is true that women are far more picky, choosy online than they are in the real world, they can afford to be since they literally get flooded, bombarded with messages

• it is a giant ego booster for women

• out of all the guys they reject on there, I bet even a small fraction of them they would have given a chance, since they don't read all the messages or all the profiles from the guys they message

• Sometimes yes, dating sites are a waste of time. But it depends really... There are some good websites on the web. For example my friend uses http://kovla.com website to meet girls. It is really reliable. Just be careful with online dating... Good luck;)

• I have had the EXACT same thing happen!

Online, when I tried those sites, only REALLY REALLY ugly chicks would reply to messages. It was weird...like...I am pretty sure I am a 7-8 on a scale from 1-10. But I would only get messages from 3's or 4's. It was BAD!

The women on those things MUST have an inflated self image after online dating nonsense.

So yeah...the same thing happened to me. Girls get put up on a high horse on online dating!

• Depends how you define success. If you mean hooking up, sure, it happens. It's the same rules as meeting women the old fashioned way. The hard truth remains that if a guy doesn't have a hell of a lot to offer, his pickings will be slim. And women aren't interested in equal relationships. They want the upper hand. The guys that have the attributes to turn the tables have it made. Sadly for women, though, those guys aren't usually on dating sites, neither are cool women that are attractive.