Girls, would you date a 26 years old guy with a suspended license?

I won't be able to drive for a year, and it's not even a DUI, I don't even drink, it was something no as bad. But still. I wonder of girls would mind a boyfriend in that situation.

It's like the whole opposite of New York City, so you definitely need to drive here.

Thanks for your honest answers.
Well, I do have some female friends that give me rides sometimes, they would even pick me up if I ask them, but it feels that just because I don't drive I fall into the "loser, not good enough" category and anything more than friends it's just a no no.

But maybe it's just in my mind and girls are not this shallow. They don't look that shallow, but girls can be very mean sometimes, like Satan type of mean, so who knows.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is 32 and hasn't had his license since he was my age, and I'm 22, lol. His was from two DUIs, when he was younger and still getting in a lot of trouble, and he's pretty much a completely different person now, 10 years later, he's a 'grown up' now and behaves responsibly. I've never even been pulled over for a traffic violation or gotten a ticket, only warnings for a headlight or break light being out, which I already knew about and was in the process of fixing. I don't mind doing all the driving, most of the time. Sometimes it sucks but it's not enough of an issue to detract from our relationship, lol. And we have a few friends who will take turns being the driver when we hang out, so I don't ALWAYS have to drive, at least for social outings.

What Girls Said 9

• I dated a guy who never bothered to get a liscense at all. It was hard because I had to do everything basically, so it felt unbalanced. But if he lost it to something bad, then Id need to base it off of that action...at least you had one to begin with!

• I would mind. Unfortunately I associated a suspended license with an irresponsible/dangerous person so id associate that with him.

• Hey irresponsible maybe, not so dangerous,.

• I'd still date him lol, that doesn't make him a bad guy or anything so its fine

• It really depends on the specific reason. In some circumstances I would some I wouldn't.

• I would, if he likes motorcycles. That's what we would be riding on. As soon as I take a motorcycle safety class, I will be on my way.

• honestly things happen but I wouldnt. I would be weary of the whole suspended license thing

• ill date any man as long as he's good looking and have lots of money!

J/k.

Serioulsy though I don't think most women are going to be that shallow or care about something like that to not date a guy.

• It'd be different than not having one at all, but I'd still be weary especially since it's gone for a year. I absolutely hate it when guys don't have their license because then I'm responsible for doing all the driving.

I wouldn't date you based on the fact you got your license suspended. It'd just be because I'd have to do all the driving, which is a lot of work.

• nah wouldn't mind its just temp.

What Guys Said 2

• depends if there is public transportation where you live , if there is lots of buses / taxi's where you are it might not be an issue

• I honestly doubt it. A lot of girls here are saying they wouldn't care. But once you schedule a date... and they realize they have to drive to you and pick you up. They wouldn't be able to do that, maybe a little at first but that's it. I don't see how mass transit would be practical for a date. Aaaand, they'll want to know why you can't drive. DUI doesn't look good.

I won't date a girl who doesn't have a car, not unless she's conveniently close to me.