He wants to meet me in a hotel instead of his place; what do you think?

I have been seeing a man that lives in a neighboring city for about a month. I went to his house before, now he wants to meet half way in a hotel. He is willing to pay but for some reason I feel sleazy about this and I am not sure why. He claims he needs a "break" from working on his house and being at home.

The last time we were together I got the "I don't want any attachments" speech and pretty much the relationship seems to be focused around sex. I really wish I could have more so I feel a hotel is so impersonal, however, I really like this guy and don't know him well enough for there to have much more developed. I feel he is uncomfortable bringing me to his house as this must mean some sort of attachment thing for him.

I have never met anyone in a hotel unless it was a boyfriend and I was already dating them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Then tell him you aren't comfortable with meeting him at a hotel then. That's exactly what he wants, sex. He's basically turning you into a weekend bootycall. You have to hold out on him if you really like him, because once you give that up, that's all you're gonna be to him. Nothin but a piece of ass.

• Spot on. I definitely agree.

• That comment I last posted was in response to the other person commenting. I'm not calling you a whore. A lot of us have been where you've been and done that. We are not "spoiled brats" because we want something with more substance.

• Oh, I know you weren't I was responding to both about being a slut/whore. In other words.. I don't have to "take what I can get" in response to Toothpaste man. I don't think we are spoiled brats either.. just because we want more than sex.. and I am like you to in the sense that I am not going to give it up to every dude just because he is interested.. I am not that desperate either. For me I have to half way "like" the dude in some way or he ain't getting it at all.

What Guys Said 4

• You're getting laid AND he's paying for the room? !Why ruin a good thing?

• Or maybe he's cheating on his girlfriend with you! :-O

• Good point! never thought of that.. he did say he was with "family" last weekend.. mmmm

• That doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

• He isn't 100% sure you aren't some crazy chick and doesn't want you to know his home address. I don't always take girls home for this reason unless we have a long history together. Most chicks are crazy, but you have to be careful. Stalkers aren't just of the male variety you know!

• I've already been to his house

What Girls Said 2

• This sounds sketchy as hell. He probably has a wife or girlfriend and you're just the side chick. He's using you for sex. Why go to a whole other place when you can just f*** at the house?o.o I don't know, sound like a scenario with a prostitute. I say don't go.

• Maybe he's married? Or he thinks its too personal to bring you to his house. I think this guy only wants sex and you need to think about you want a relationship like this or not.

• He's not married.. but yes.. need to think about if sex is all I want/need from him