Why do guys have such fragile egos?

why is it that guys pretend to be all strong, but deep down that all just scared little boys?most guys have such fragile egos, and its hard for me to find a guy who is as strong as I am. someone who can take a joke, or be teased, or take my sarcasm. are they out there or am I just doing things wrong? am I coming out as a bitch?

i usually think that most guys can take a joke, because guys are always joking with each other. I guess it just hurts more coming from a girl? I just think that someone can always tell when I'm being sarcastic, but maybe they take me seriuosly.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 9

• Read Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus, Secrets About Men Every Woman Should Know, or any other psychology/relationship book that explains the psychological differences between men and women so you don't make a jackass out of yourself anymore than you already have. Fact.

• @ so you don't make a jackass out of yourself anymore than you already have. Fact..

>>You mean like you just did.

you can't learn anything about an actual real life person from a book. especially one written by idiots without credentials. Fact.

• LOL. I'd say they have credentials. You learn about people by educating yourself and then, of course, just living your life and getting to know people as individuals. Everyone is different, but there are very strong, general differences between the sexes.

• actually I like the book and I thought some of the stuff worked like saying would you instead of could you and when they grunt to just ignore it because it means they don't really wanna do it but they will for u

• Everybody has a fragile ego, men and women has them, if anything women has a more fragile ego than men, that's why you see more stuck women than men, that's why they have a feminist movement and etc. But please if you don't want to come out as a bitch, don't generalize and not us all men are the same.

• @women has a more fragile ego than men, that's why you see more stuck women than men, that's why they have a feminist movement and etc.

@But please if you don't want to come out as a bitch, don't generalize and not us all men are the same

So its OK for _you_ to be a bitch, generalizing women.

• 1. now you know what it feels like to be generalized, like what you are doing on your question

2.thanks for proving me right, a little statement about women and you're all apesh*t about it, see what I mean?

To add to your question, I don't think you're strong, you think you are but you're not (no offense). Just because you can take jokes and be teased doesn't make you strong. so relax k babe?

• It depends on the joke or how you're being teased. Not everyone likes sarcastic people, guys and gals alike. You might just be being too hard on em.

• Are you coming out as a bitch? Yes, I think you may be. I say that because I have a similar problem. My sense of humor has most people scratching their heads and thinking they are talking to a looney. You may need to dial down your intelligence level a bit until the people you are around get to learn your style and appreciate it .

• idk nothing anyone says ever offends me. My family and friends always rip on each other as jokes we just go with it

• You will never find a guy as cold and evil as a woman. I agree with septimus,go for women.

• most women can be warm, you just have to take the time thaw them out

• You Should give us a taste of some of these jokes you're doing.

• wehn I was talking to the guy I like he said oh my dogs a snob and I said just like her daddy.

• How often does he act hurt? and how do you know he didn't take it well?

• its not that he doesn't take it well, its that I don't want to feel like I'm being too harsh on him

• Why would anyone want to be around a sarcastic, egotistic bitch?

• not egotistic, just sarcastic!

• Different sides of the same coin...

• Seems like someone is upset with a certain guy...

Yes, there are tough guys out there, you keep looking for him ok

What Girls Said 7

• Why do guys have such fragile egos?

Likely because it seems guys are given positive reinforcement placating their egos and rarely get criticism or negative feedback.

Why is it that guys pretend to be all strong, but deep down that all just scared little boys?

Most likely because in my opinion generally people deep down tend to be scared little children.

Are they out there or am I just doing things wrong?

They're out there as some guys like a gal who can give and take jokes, teasing, and sarcasm.

Am I coming out as a bitch?

Most likely as gals usually are deemed b*tches for not adhering to the patriarchial view of femininity- pleasant, placating, appreciative, quiet, and passive.

• Because he's one of the boys whos their mommy told everyone 'my boy is so handsome. brave. strong. smart. funny. talented. He believed that.

His daddy told him every single woman on earth is exactly the same recipe of a person. And 'dont be a p****. He blieved that.

So his world is a bit shattered, when you turn out to not be his mom & made him feel like a p****.

• Ball buster joker maybe? Nah, that's not cool. If your jokes are offensive, there's something wrong. Remember, for a joke to be truly funny, the teller and the hearer must think so.

• They usually hold it all inside and never resolve

• no idea. I say forget their lot and try women out.

• They're soft on the inside once you break the shell

• We really know how to break em down don't we

• theyre so fragile. I thought that I was weak but god I can really take some sh*t.

• I hear we can tolerate more pain

• childbirth? if they had it they would all die! its like a proven study that women can handle more pain