Guys who read text messages but reply 10-20 min later?

So on the iPhone you can see when they read your iPhone messages

And sometimes a guy will read my message but won't reply for 10-20 min after

I know you will say he's busy, but I honestly think it's because he's trying to come up with a reply

True or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm guilty of this too sometimes actually :P

I know it seems rude, but sometimes you have to think about what you are going to say and how. Sometimes it's better to think out a response rather than just give a quick text and have it taken the wrong way.

It really depends on the conversation. If it's just light conversation, and this guy likes you, he might be over thinking everything because he's worried you will be turned off or offended by what he says.

I wouldn't worry about it unless this guy truly is a flakey guy who just doesn't seem to care. If he is taking an active interest in your, keep the conversation going. It's not that bad to wait for 10-20 min for a reply. At least he is replying!

What Guys Said 5

• I multitask a lot. So I could be doing something, read the text, go back to something else, then reply later. A lot of the time I reply pretty instantly though.

• not really, sometimes I just don't feel like answering or talking or I'm just busy. I don't spend more than 30 seconds thinking of what I'm going to write.

• If you know he is busy , so it's going to be because he is busy , if not be sure that he is trying to make you happy and he is picking up every word he is writing to you, and if he is not writing sweet things , he will be playing ps3 or xbox or watching a movie without you.

• both genders play games with text messages.

• I don't reply for at least 45 minutes. why? because I know it drives girls crazy. :)

What Girls Said 3

• Guys don't actually care all that much about texting.

• Well let's see, I'm not a guy, but when I reply 20+ min it's usually because I'm doing something better like watching Netflix and it's not really a bid deal to me.

• You should see my current question... a lot of people answered that could be answers to your question!