How long do you wait to send a second text if you don't get a reply?

Assuming the message you sent was not time sensitive, how long would you wait to send someone another message if you don't hear back from them?

Most Helpful Girl

• don't do it...i get pissed when guys text me later on during the day when I don't reply...either I'm not in the mood to talk anymore or I got busy,so just wait till tomorrow

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Girls Said 24

• *sigh* texting rules are so over-rated aren't they!? :) Just text back after say, 45 minutes in a nonchalant jokey way. Who doesn't like light hearted texts?

"Beyotch I asked you a question!:)" To a friend

or to someone of interest: "text rejection lol it's okay :) " if you don't have the sort of relationship with that person where you'd sound needy.

You could suggest something spontaneous that REQUIRES a response: "u, me, DQ drivethru for a blizzard? My treat:)"

Better yet, call and leave a sweet voice mail. What a charming surprise!

• I usually don't text back at all unless I'm asking an important question. But if I'm just making conversation or something, I don't feel the need to send a second message if they don't reply to the first.

• It depends on the situation:

If I'm bored right away.

If I'm doing something else when I'm done.

If it's a new guy I'm really interested in maybe in about 10min so I don't look too thirsty.

• I think you misread the question...

• Yea, your so right lol. Sorry.

• Like others said I won't resend or ask again unless it's really import. I don't want people to think I'm obsessing over a text.

• It depends on the nature of the situation

Usually I don't bother with a 2nd text. Chances are they got the first message and they would reply if they wanted.

If we are close or its someone I care for and I don't hear back from them- I'm assuming they are either avoiding me or ignoring- and it is kind of an insult. (like family or significant other)

IMO...one text- two at most (for benefit of the doubt.. )

don't want to look desperate, or force communication by blowing up their phone lol not a good look

• 2 or 3 hours.

More from Girls
19

What Guys Said 6

• I wouldn't.

• You don't. If they are interested they will reply regardless of how vague or unimportant the text is.

• never send a girl a second text if she didn't reply to the first one.

• 7-10 yrs. If I still remember them by then

• After 2 minutes. They are always on their stupid phone, I know they read it.

I always text "Please respond", the best one.

More from Guys
1