Help!! I'm two-timing and I really don't know what to do :(

Alright before you read this, please don't comment on how I'm too young and crap like I honestly know that but I believe that love is love so f*** it. :P I'm 16 and I'm dating a 23 year old. (Let's call him Brian). He's really amazing and he treats me with respect. He's a straight forward kind of guy and isn't afraid to tell you how he's feeling. He's been hurt almost by every girl he's dated and I feel bad cos I don't wanna be another girl who does that to him. He even says that he knows I'm the right one for him and even told his family about me. So now recently, my 17 year old best friend (lets call him Elmo lmao) asked me out and I knew deep within his heart that he loved me. I know this because I he actually wrote something very meaningful to me. I rejected him knowing that I have someone already and I felt bad so I ended up dating him anyways. Now that I talk to him more, I've devolved strong feelings. I want to break up with "Brian" because he's too old for me and I'm not ready to become an adult yet, I wanna enjoy my teenage years and such. I'm so afraid on how he's gonna outburst (he has a very bad temper) and I may drive him to suicide :( and I can't break up with "Elmo" because I'll end up crushing his heart as well (he's been played by many girls too) and I don't want to be that other person to do that to him :( Please tell me what to do or give me advice! Its really tearing me apart and I feel like it hurts to love them both...(I don't intend to let the both go btw.) Thank you so much : /

Most Helpful Girl

• Well..youve got quite a situation here. But I think you should be honest with "Brian" and tell him how you feel towards him right now, tell him how you'll be in his life no matter what BUT not romantically. Life is difficult kid, it hits you where it hurts.

What Guys Said 3

• Aah I love it.

• Go with Elmo. You've expressed that you did not want to be with Brian for a fundamental reason. So if nothing else that is enough. If he has been through this before he won't be committing suicide this time. If he does it has nothing to do with you.

• Let's take a timeout and think this through.

One of two things will happen with your relationship with Brian - you will either end up breaking up with him, or you will end up marrying him (I really don't think you will date him for the rest of your life, so one of the two will eventually happen). So don't avoid breaking with Brian just because you're afraid that he will be heartbroken - because you're going to break up with him eventually anyways (unless you marry him - which I don't will make you happy). Brian actually sounds a little mentally unstable. He has a bad temper, he's already claiming you're 'the one', and every other girl has hurt him - which means no other girl was willing to put up with his nonsense. Plus, he's old enough to be finishing up grad school, and he's dating a high school student.

In the end, just pick one and date who you want to.

What Girls Said 2

• stop too timing. go with elmo.

• just try to see which one makes you the happiest and go witht hat one