Should short guys just give up?

I'm not talking about guys 5'0" or 5'1" - unfair as it is we all know they don't stand a chance with most women. But these days I've seen, met and heard from women who are as short as 4'11" refusing to give a guy who's shorter than 6'1" a chance.

So are guys who stand a humble 5'5" - 5'8" even in the running anymore. Only 11%-15% of the WORLD population is over 6'0" but women still reject guys left and right for such a sin as height deficiency. Tall women, average and short women unanimously abhor guys less than 5'9" and really want at least 6'0" and up to be honest. And the few women (of any height) who would date a guy shorter than 5'9" are either taken (usually by a tall man) or "not looking to date at that point in their lives".

So, are short guys just SOL?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 5'11'', and even I think I'm not tall enough sometimes. It's really weird when I hear short girls say they want tall guys. The problem is, guys' standards aren't high enough, so girls get inflated egos.

What Girls Said 6

• I'd bet any money that the females who are 4'11 turning down guys who are under 6'0 are SINGLE. There are barely any tall guys who are interested in dating someone that much shorter. But trust me, short guys have a chance. I only date guys 6'0 and above, but lo and behold, my boyfriend is 5'10 at the most. The one before him was 5'8. I was interested in an Asian guy a while ago and he had to be about 5'5-5'6.. The fact is, I'm 5'3 so I'm looking up to all of them regardless. And if a guy is great, a female who isn't completely vain will still give him a shot. Now I'm not so sure about talk women, they have a legitimate reason for seeking tall guys. But I've seen tall girls with short guys all the time, and some questions on here asking why short guys don't like them too. I think it's some lack in communication lol

• I think if you get a short girl, you will be okay. There are short girls out there - you just have to spend more time looking for them. Maybe try a dating site and specify that you are looking for a short girl - I think some of them have height requirements so you can specify that you want a girl that is under 4"11. Another possibility is to get a degree in a profitable job market because if you have money you are guaranteed a girlfriend - regardless of what you look like,

• Of course not! This tall guy thing I havnt even heard of in forever. You can be any size, any colour and still find love

• What retard planet are you from? Have YOU ever dated a guy 5'5"? I'm SURE you have.

Quit your fuckin bullshit...

• Why are you asking the question if you don't wanna hear the answers from people. That pretty rude of you

• I am a tall girl and I usually date guys who are shorter than me, it doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you. I think I feel like his tall model girlfriend lol and I love people for who they are not their height.

• Don't feel bad. Women just have a preference like men do. I'm 5'2'', and I didn't want to date anyone who was any shorter than 5'10''. Reason being that I wear 6'' heels 99% of the time, so in reality I see myself as about 5'8'' and would not look the least bit flatting standing next to someone I am over towering. I settled on my Boyfriend who was 5'9'' because he made up in diff areas. He was a lot longer where it really mattered ;) lmao.

• RETARD - 6 inch heels ONLY give you 3" - 4" tops. It's physics. The pivot point of your ankle is in the middle of your foot, not the back. DUMBA$$!

• Lol, so you're a midgit AND rude to women? Sorry little fella, if you're short, I can only imagine what else is! hahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahah. To answer your question, YES..you should give up you worthless short shit.

• Lol. Yes I can confirm on behalf of all womankind, as we are unanimous in opinion, that you are correct beyond measure.

• The former of course. Because, unlike you apparently, I realize that no viewpoint in the world is unanimously held by an entire gender.

• What a fucking moron you are. Of course all women think that. The fact you try to deny it makes you and even larger nit-wit...

• I agree utterly. I have a strong suspicion you may be a genius.

What Guys Said 8

• Just like guys, women often say they only date a guy with X or Y height or weight, but when it comes down to it, emotional connection is much more important than numbers.of any kind.

So don't worry about your height. Of course, taller women are going to tend to stay aloof..but any woman your height or shorter is not going to reject you immediately. Even most of those who say they won't look at a guy under 6'1".

• "So, are short guys just SOL?"

If they develop a defeatist attitude about it, yes. If women really did what you say, short guys would practically die out, and the human population would significantly decline. I'm not saying your height isn't a disadvantage, but it isn't something you should "give up" over. Everyone has some combination of features/attributes that eliminates them as a dating option to a large portion of the population. I'm sure, I may be 6ft, but I'm also kind of socially awkward. I'm nerdy. I'm mildly below average looking. I'm a little skinny. I'm Black. I'm not very interesting (kind of boring).

While my height may be a "positive" it certainly doesn't make up for all of those "negatives" on its own. Believe me, I'm far from a "chick magnet", but, As evidenced by the fact that I haven't really struggled (horribly at least) with dating, I clearly have other "positives" that outweigh my "negatives". You've got to work on developing and emphasizing your "positives".

Again, stop with the "No girl will ever want me because of my height" crap. You're only dooming yourself with that attitude.

• Also depends on race, since the average heights for men and women also varies by ethnicity.

my brother is 5' 7" and is married to a girl who is 5' 7" (or really 5' 7.5" when he isn't in the room =P). I think it depends on where you're looking for women. I feel like people who are at bars and clubs might be more shallow about how they pick guys if they are there for one night stands.

But yeah it's pretty much a fact that if you're shorter you're going to be INITIALLY overlooked for other guys. But height has no bearing on personality, physical fitness, or other attractive physical features. And why would you want to be in a relationship with a woman who puts so much emphasis on height anyway? I refuse to believe it's the majority, since as you say, very few people are so tall and yet people are still having babies ;)

• you're just being insecure I used to have this friend he was 5'5" and he got more pussy than I ever dreamed of

• You really are a clueless TOOL, aren't you?

• What's it like to be a pathetic f**got?

• what's it like to not be able write down a complete sentence that's legible?

• this is a problem I feel deeply. if some one answers this question sufficiently please PM me. I'll check this thread again in 15 minutes

• btw I'm 6'0" and have never had a girlfriend its not all about height man not even close.

• Like one expert said about the matter, "Life is not fair."

• Most women are fat and ugly, so they don't really have much choice. If you're talking about good looking and slim ones then it's a different story.