Does a guys texting response time determine his level of interest?

My crush takes a long time to reply.. And i mean like a day or two, and hours. Sometimes he does reply fast. Regardless, he always remembers to text no matter how lengthy the time. And when he does text, he always carries the conversations, sends lots of sentences.
If I don't initiate a conversation, then he initiates. He never goes 3 days without texting.
We never see each other in real life though, its like a texting only relationship. When I did see him in real life, he showed a lot of signs he liked me (staring for ex)
There isn't flirting, but he's the dorky, nice type of guy, so i wouldn't expect him to flirt with any girl period.

I'm probably going to stop talking to him since I feel like we're going nowhere and I'm just someone he's not romantically interested in whos an option to talk to when he's bored.

What do you guys think in your own experience? Does a guys texting response time determine his level of interest? in my opinion, if he doesn't text within 24 hours, he's not into you. Disagree, or agree?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tough one. Normally, i try to have the same response-time as the person i'm texting with. If you text too fast you seem to "clingy" and someone who has nothing better to do, and if you text to slow you don't seem intersted. There's a fine balance.

But yeah.. If a guy's responsetime is beyond 24 hours, he isn't that into you, or he is just really careful and thinks a lot about what he is going to text you.

What Guys Said 3

• Most time it's 'Agree' but there can be various compelling things he's into wherein he can't respond to personal messages even while seeing them. Happens to me a lot of times, I may be on the phone or answering texts too but they'd be work related so I have to respond but don't have the time to chat on personal level :)

• He may not be romantically interested in you but don't base that on texting alone. I don't know why girls put so much value in how often a guy texts you. Guys don't text/call even their girlfriends every 5 minutes.

• No it doesn't show his level of interest. Some people are shy, or don't want to seem desperate. Others may just not place a high value on text messaging even if it is with someone they care about.

What Girls Said 1

• yes, I very much think it does! I agree.