Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• I love anime. But romance anime is retarded.

• Romance in anime from a girl's perspective? You just ruined anime romance.

• Ahh fuck, romance anime. Few things more sickening for the palate.

• romance, like sushi, in anime is probably way way way better portrayed than what it actually is in real life...

• In real life... Girls are more out of control and boys ain't as cool

• anime guys (in the romance anime anyway) are wimpy closet pervs... But I guess some people like characters like that...

• I'm not sure if it will ever reflect reality, but I always like that romance seems very fair in anime. Guys and girls can both confess, seems nice. Just it's mostly highschool stuff so of course romance at that age is going to be less conditional, plus it's very idealized. If it's reflecting adult relationships then the guy is going to have to have a job or be very capable somehow, and I'm not sure if the fairness will hold up.

• Women work. More women are supporting their families than are men.

• Stfu if you ain't just gonna love the entertainment

• I do, but I can let it fuel my imagination about how I'd like the world to be or how it should be.

• But what if Senpai doesn't notice me?

• Isn't this how the Japanese do this dating thing? I still don't get why their women reply "let me think about it" when the guy asks her out.

• Dude, anime just express people's idealization and things different from their society, they put impossible things in the real world but in the anime they made them possible.
      Eg. Ice queens can have their hearts melt and become nicer with the guy after treating him like garbage or like a worm.
      Attractive men with a dark and troubled past can be saved by an innocent and naive girl even though they treat her badly or are too possessive and abusive but in the end they are the true love.
      Timid girls or guys need to speak up and become stronger and complain more, although they only end in the friend zone if they are not the protagonists.
      This can be more tolerated if the person is physically attractive.
      If they fight, that means that they love each other or from hate love can come.
      In other words: More aggressive, more jerk***, more bad temper he/she has, more hot he/she is.

• Fate/Stay Night romance scene :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eYzB_6VaGmg

Girl denies love, and tries to hide it. But a kiss can tell everything:)

• I confessed my feelings to 2 different girls. After that, I hit a spot of self-awareness. I realized that I'm becoming like my father, a loser, trying so desperately to live the Andy Griffith life. He always raised my siblings and I to believe that we need someone to be with. That isn't true. My mother survived for quite some time alone, why can't I be more like her?

• As much anime girls are confessing to boys, well boys are expected to do the first move

• Nah... this be more realistic

• no. guys expect guys to make the first move. women get punished for doing so.

• I don't really understand this world

What Girls Said 8

• Whats this show called?

• The only anime I can stand is doraemon. But that's probably because it's more about friendship and being a good person than about sappy love stories in weird ass voices.

• I found those to be ludicrous. I prefer men who aren't as "crazy" and know how to calmly approach a woman to reveal his interest. It's really that simple.

• hi sailormoon!
    yes, i definitely love the anime love confession..
    but in reality... it's never like that...;(

• Ugh, I just want a guy to be up front with me. Tell me and/or show me how you feel straight up, no BS or playing around.

• god i hate anime... so stupid and their voices are just dumb... and all the overly sexualized women and the sexual encounters that are oh so necessary for the plot

• Last one sucked. She asked permission to confess and he said no and she accepted that. There's no reason for any of that she could have just straight off told him.

And no I dont notice anyone being obsessed with titles,

• People who write 99% of anime are socially innept and that reflects in their work. There are very few animes out there who actually reflect how human relationships and behavior work.

I understand there is some niche corner of the anime audience who enjoy anime's lack of connection to the real world, but most of anime is shit in reflecting reality. It works more like an introspection tool for the creator's soul. Not as much as a story telling device.

• If you don't like anime... then go away

• @Rei02 So we agree. It doesn't reflect reality. Yes a lot of it is author's wishful thinking in shojo and and any other genre, but even when the author's TRY to reflect reality of human relationships, they fail. Everything is way too superficial and unconnected. Characters feel like plot devices there to make you feel good.
      VERY few anime do it right, like 1%. While Western anime-like cartoons for all ages, do this a lot better.

You have to consider that Japanese people are very socially retarded as a whole. Most of them are loners and on top of it suppressed by strict codes of conduct, live very sad lives unable to connect to others. ESPECIALLY the manga and anime crowd. There are normal people among them too, but percentage of social incompetence is a lot higher in there.

• I don't think they are socially retarded, but it is pretty sure that they are taught and used to suppress and bottle their feelings if it is for the common peace and harmony of society. Because of a strict code, it is difficult to get a real experience of the people they describe in both the manga and anime.

And I think that part of human nature is to be attracted to what you see different, although in the end you can get married and decide to make a life with someone who has the same principles and rules you were taught since childhood.

Japanese are taught to always be polite and not to complain of everything, and the ones allowed are the ones who are at the top of hierarchy either because of age or job rank. (trust me, I have dealt with an elder woman who didn't let me enter to the restroom to find my umbrella, and after that, she and her friend complained that I put my bag in the table when I just wanted my umbrella back)