Witchy movies all should know of

Where witches are still awesome!

Witchy movies all should know of

Suspiria (1977)

A newcomer to a fancy ballet academy gradually comes to realize that the school is a front for something far more sinister and supernatural amidst a series of grisly murders.

The Witches of Eastwick (1987)

Three single women in a picturesque village have their wishes granted - at a cost - when a mysterious and flamboyant man arrives in their lives.

P.S. Excellent cast, great movie. =)

The Crucible (1996)

A Salem resident attempts to frame her ex-lover's wife for being a witch in the middle of the 1692 witchcraft trials.

A bit of a more serious piece of film history, but still a great one.

Practical Magic (1998)

The wry, comic romantic tale follows the Owens sisters, Sally and Gillian, as they struggle to use their hereditary gift for practical magic to overcome the obstacles in discovering true love.

P.S. You won't regret seeing this one. ;)

The Craft (1996)

A newcomer to a Catholic prep high school falls in with a trio of outcast teenage girls who practice witchcraft and they all soon conjure up various spells and curses against those who even slightly anger them.

The Harry Potter series (movies [2001-2011])

Make sure to leave your favorites down below. =)

I would love to find out more about the witchy movies out there.

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• I think i have seen the craft but am not sure

• Yeah check out hocus pocus (is a classic), I also like Roald Dahls "the Witches", was awesome. There is a Season of the witch with Nicolas cage, which is very good high budget film. Then there are a few witches in my favourite movie: Sleepy Hollow, by Tim Burton. I would so date a witch;)

• Oh, yeah, I meant to put Sleepy Hollow... I forgot. xD

Nice suggestions. I will check them out. Haha I'd date a witch too - or better yet -be one. And a vampire (the real kind, not the sparkly kind). ^-^

• The one Disney one. 3 witches. I know it's vague but I can't remember more. Oh, it wasn't animated

• Hocus pocus should be on there.

• Sorry, I really don't know the staples of American cinema [researched it just now]. These are just the ones I love and think are well made. =)

• In America it's always on tv during Halloween times and even just randomly throughout the year. I'm assuming it's pretty popular here.

• I'm not from America... so I wouldn't know.

• The Craft and Harry Potter are the best of all "witchy" movies ;)

What Girls Said 6