GaG Bookclub: October's Discussion

@EmpatheticLady @vekin @Yusibear @xHoneyxBeex @Creativesmarts @MissPoirot r@SensualScribe @SirenDep @zell0is0my0name @sherbearee @BelleGirl21 @Liveyyy @VampireEmpress @NatashaAnnJames @ixi10 @QueenofSexyFoxes @littlemermaid89 @existing_not_living @Ccp16 @ginnyweasly @charades @LittleSally @Noxifer626 @Primarypoo2

GaG Bookclub: October's Discussion

This month was any book of your choice from the horror and thriller genre. Looking forward to hearing what you all chose!!!

Also, next month's book will be revealed tomorrow!

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

• Why not the original Frankenstein, Mary Shelley?

• Title: Alice in zombieland

Writer: Gena Showalter

The family of Alice die in a terrible car accident, after that accident she gonna live with her grandparents and goes to a new school. Around the hosue of her grandparents she start to see strange things at night. After she meet Cole and his friends she discover that what she sees are zombies and that she isn’t the only one who see them. Together with Cole and his friends she start to fight the to revenge the dead of her family.

I was searching for a good horror book for this month but I regret my choice for t his book. I thought it’s something like a horror variant of Alice in Wonderland, but not at all. And except that it wasn’t scary at all. It can be compared with twilight but vampires are replaced by zombies. It isn’t a bad book I think but it is just not my kind of book.

Positive about the book is that there were some surprising happenings in the story.

• Horror stories aren't my strong suit, though I've heard Steven King has published well known horror stories.

I'm only familiar with goosebumps!

• wow only 3 guys in here... This was the first time I have read for pleasure in well over a year... I just reread House of Leaves- which I maintain to be my favorite book, as well as the creepiest I have ever read.

• You should totally be reading more!

• Ya, it felt good! I just had 500 pages or so a week on average for the last two years for grad school, so when I was free the last thing I wanted to be doing was reading..

• Oh yeah, that's a bit much.

• I read "The Mist" by Stephen King. It's the first Stephen King I've read, and sadly, I'm disappointed. The story, the idea and the execution are all admirable, but I must say, the characters are so predictable and one-dimensional it seems a child could have written it. The "concerned father", the "obnoxious moron", the "hot woman who is only there for sex", all of these cliches and more appear very clearly.

• As always, the girl to guy ratio is abnormal. whats wrong with guys?

What Girls Said 8

• Clash of kings :) aha I bet most people know of the GOT general plot because of the show... But I just find it interesting how there are no completely "good and bad" guys... Too bad next book comes out who-knows-when

• I bought this big book that contains all Edgar Allan Poe's short stories and poems and I enjoyed and still am enjoying reading those! I especially love the Raven, you should really read it if you haven't already!

• I read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I thought it was appropriate for Halloween :)

The first time I read this book was in my 12th grade English class back in high school and I loved it. What a lot of people don't realize is that Frankenstein is not the monster, it's the name of the man who created the monster. Also, it's not just a horror novel. I actually find the literary writing in this book very engaging and there are a lot of deeper meanings scattered throughout the book.

Honestly, for those who believe in a higher power or a God, this book can equate to that. Victor Frankenstein is symbolically the "God" of his creation, the monster. The monster at first wants to please him but continuously wreaks havoc, murdering people Victor loves and then demands that Victor creates a second monster to keep him company. It's actually a quite interesting read.

• Frankenstein is definitely a classic. I love books with a deeper meaning than just what's on the surface.

• Yeah, me too. It makes you think. So you're not just reading something but actually looking at it on a deeper level :)

• Yes ma'am. One of the joys of reading.

• Stephen King generally has good books.

• I read the Creeping awhile ago. it was about a girl who had a friend who went missing when they were six, and then was found dead a week or 2 later. in the book the girl who lived is in her teens, and she still has these flashes of memory about what happened to her friend over and over.

semi-spoiler, but she found out 2 friends she knew really well had a huge part in what happened, and there's a lot of drama with them, when they find out that the main girl remembers everything eventually.

• And then there were none by Agatha Christie

• Actually I didn't have time , I didn't read a single page..

• I re-read The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. It's a children's book and a Newbery winner, but it's still good! It was more of a mystery novel versus a horror story, but I still felt it fit the theme.