Why I Love To Write

I love to write for the way it makes me feel. I love to write down stories and ideas that will never be read by anyone but me. I love to write down tales of love and heartbreak and sadness that will make the reader cry, that will make the reader sit back and think for a while. I love to show people how I feel and what I think, indirectly telling them who I am as a person. I feel so relaxed and comfortable when I am in the zone, writing every word that flows swiftly from my pen to my paper. I write because I don't always know what I think until I read what I say. Writing is my one true love. It is the most solid, tangible thing that can never be taken from me.

Everything in life is expendable eventually. Writing is not. Writing is the love of words that give inspiration, writing can make you feel something and you're not in that situation. Writing can take you to places you never deemed possible. Writing is an escape, writing is a glimpse of the world in my head. I love to write because I can't see the things I want, I can't do the things I want, I can't live out all of my wildest dreams, but my characters can. My characters are apart of me so in a way, I am still doing what I want without leaving the safety of my bedroom.

I love to write because it gives me something to do that I love doing. I love to write because stories are a paintbrush, creating pictures of color in your mind with words of black and white. I love to write because I feel so intensely whenever I am furious, calm, happy, excited, depressed. I love to write because I zone out, I am in the world that is my mind and I will not be pulled out of it until I am finished and I can look upon my paper and see a beautiful creation that was once imagination to now be real.

I love to write because I have a gift with words, in a world so few of gifts it'd be a shame to waste this one. I love to write so I can kill off characters as I please and no one can stop me. I love to write because I can give people a world to have all to their own, one they love characters and hate characters. One they think about and wish they were in. I love to write because my characters are an extension of me. Of my thoughts. My wishes and dreams. The bottled up emotions inside of me.

I love to write because when I feel lonely, I begin a story and I am suddenly surrounded with all of the emotions and thoughts that I am transferring to my paper. I love to write because I can convey feelings and emotions and describe things so much better than usual. I love to write because my words sound better coming from my hand rather than my mouth. I love to write because I have ideas I want to read about, but it first must be written. That is left up to me.

I love to write because I help others understand me, who I am. I love to write because I help myself understand me, and who I am. I love to write not because I want to say something, but because I always have something to say. I love to write because I can describe why I love something or someone. I love to write because I can give a life to something once dead, and I can relive that story over and over again.

Why I love to write.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• agree. such a poetic way of putting it!

• Bravo, I couldn't have said it better. Write for the soul, comrade, write for the soul.

• As a poet and a writer I totally agree, great mytake !

• One of those great takes, nothing to add - I couldn't agree more.

• Nicely done.

Let me give you a tip. Best, most useful class I took in high school? Typing. Believe it. Changes your life. Will save you, at a minimum, months of your life.

I mention this because you mentioned writing longhand. That's lovely and romantic. HOWEVER. Knowing how to type, for realz, will change your life. :)

• One of the best myTakes I have seen recently, good job!

As a side note though, am I the only one who thought this was source code in the image for a second?

• Unless you get published, in which case they can stop you from killing off characters. >.>

Great post. I'm going to be something similar to a grammar Nazi; but, to a writer, isn't grammar important? Throw in a couple semi/colons and oxford commas, and you will impress any college professor, let alone high school teachers. I notice you also don't add a comma when connecting two independent clauses, and you have a few pretty bad run-on sentences. Although, you sometimes connect two ICs. o. o; Here's the rules for commas--there aren't many: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/GRAMMAR/commas.htm

Oh, another thing. Use this thing, and you'll impress most teachers: the em-dash. It's great: as long as you don't overuse it. It's a way to emphasize something--meaning that this part of the sentence is extra important--which can be helpful. It isn't necessary to the sentence; but, it can add additional information to the sentence. Of course, some people really hate its use in formal writing--I have no idea why; I love it.

Just trying to be helpful. If you care about that stuff, there it is. If you don't, then you don't. I think knowing those rules makes it easier for people to understand your writing. I think it also makes it easier to write, really.

You definitely have a gift. Your prose is very good. The next step is finding a way to make a living off of what you love.

• You have the talent, that's why you should keep on writing, very good Take :)

• I agree, these are all essential to writing and why I like it.

• Write from your heart, your soul, make the best of your talent and don't Ever let it go for anything. Keep going @SweetHomicidalQueen your doing a good job.

• We kinda get that from the editor thing..

What Girls Said 3