What does "a face not spoiled by beauty" mean to you?

I find the first line of the song "Song for someone" by U2 which goes like "YOU GOT A FACE NOT SPOILED BY BEAUTY" quite interesting!! ๐Ÿธ

What does "a face not spoiled by beauty" mean to you? ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ‘ป

Most Helpful Guy

• iยดd interpret it as "not being fake". not spoiled by that what others may need to see beauty... like makeup... natural. not "ugly" but with a good charakter.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a pretty face - which means that person isn't taking all life has to offer for granted - and as something that's supposed to be a given because of their looks.

What Guys Said 8

• Hmm... maybe the person gets arrogant when he/she knows that they can get everything they want, but this girl doesn't, even though she's good looking.

Hmmm... Maaaaybe beauty is the society that says that "THIS is attractive, and NOTHING ELSE!" Yet this girl stays true to herself, ignoring what society thinks

• I think he is implying that all beautiful people are spoiled (which is oind of true), but that the person he is talking to isn't that beautiful.

• Haha I guess it could be a benefit... when a girl does not have a beautiful face the guys need to take her for her personality :D
    The chance of a lasting relationship will be much larger than!

• many beautiful girls sometimes know they are extremely attractive and have that look to them

you know the look like they smelt something bad! :p

• Could be a nice way of saying that they are ugly 😂

• Lol Idk!!! It confuses me so much because that's what I also thought but the rest of the song sounds like he really appreciates the girl 🐸🐸😂

• I think it could mean that she's average but not super beautiful and because of that she's more down to earth :/

or maybe "not spoiled by beauty" means she doesn't wear a lot of makeup so her face is more natural :/

• Like your face, which is natural and not stuffed inside makeup

• probably some cryptic shit the guy wrote that only he knows what it really means

• They're unattractive so they don't feel entitled to anything and work for everything in their life?

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he's saying the girl is not good looking so she is humble?

• I think it means that you're comfortable with yourself. You're not spoiling your natural beauty by trying to reach society's impossible beauty standards.
    You have your own idea of what beautiful is and accept that you yourself are beautiful, rather than saying you're not a beauty and chalking it up to the fact that you're not what society wants.
    Your own beauty makes you perfect, therefore by trying to reach ad maintain society's impossible standards, you spoil your face with 'beauty'.