Why is country music so BORING?

I don't mean to offend anyone that enjoys country but it's like the average populous loves country music and I don't see what makes it so great. It all sounds the same! I guess what I'm asking is, what makes it so great? Worth everyone's time? If you've heard one, you've heard them all.

I find it so incredibly dull. I don't know...

Most Helpful Girl

• Modern "country" music can hardly be considered country. It's all basically just Pop. Some "country" artists even sound like they try to rap in their songs. Of course, all music evolves and takes influences from other sounds and genre's but modern country has gotten ridiculous. It's fine if you don't like country music but hopefully you're judging REAL country music rather than what's popular and labeled as "country" today. I agree that almost all modern country sounds exactly the same.

Classic country throughout the 60's, 70's, and 80's is extremely diverse though and not boring at all, at least not in my opinion. If you're looking into checking out good country music, please refer to George Strait, George Jones, Glen Campbell, Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, and I could name a ton of others.

I guess I was referring to the more "pop" country, but that's just it! So many people love it and I just don't get it! 😂

That is a great list Bee.

Most Helpful Guy

• I could counter that all girl-based RnB sounds the same, and that all hip hop sounds the same.

I didn't always like country that much, but I have gained an appreciation of it and I think that sort of appreciation is necessary to truly get into any genre of music.

FWIW, the thing that got me into country was the way it doesn't pull any punches when it comes to talking about love and emotions. It feels like someone telling a story about their relationship or their life. There's not as many analogies and imagery, it's straight and to the point. I found I could relate to what they sing about much better than I can to rappers talking about their cars/bitches/bling, as an example.

What Girls Said 3

• Not going to lie - I+m not a huge fan of it either...
    That's because ALL of it is based on the same chords, same rhythms... same everything. It's basically one song sung in mildly different ways with mildly different lyrics.

Not all, but a lot of country music is exactly this.

Very true... I was recently riding with some people who had country on in their car and 3 songs, one after the next, same beat and progression. Same fake-ass country singer accent lol. They might as well have been the same song hahaha

• I'm personally not a fan but I'm sure a lot of country listeners think my rancheras, bachata, cumbia etc is boring lol

• Haha I don't know I only like a couple of country songs lol I guess I'm just not accustomed to it.

It's definitely not my thing either lol

What Guys Said 4

• I think a lot of country fans like the stories behind the songs

That's fair but there's a lot cooler music out there with stories that are just as interesting behind the lyrics, if not more.

• I am sure @xhoneyxbeex would agree but the stuff the radio's play is a far cry from country music.

• It's because boring people wrote the songs.

• New country music is depressing af