Meeting his parents?

How long do you wait until boyfriend/girlfriend meets parents? Do you usually wait until you know you're both in love, to introduce one another to your parents? Or do you--or have you--done it slightly earlier on?

Most Helpful Girl

• you don't have to be in love but usually when its a serious relationship, and it depends on what age you are. in high school its more casual and necessary to have you parents meet the girlfriends/boyfriends. but when your older your parents are only involved in the serious business and you wouldn't want to constantly bring a new person, your parents will not like that.

• Yup! That's how I feel, now that I'm 23... I want to be certain that the next guy I bring around is someone I'm seriously interested in. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 5 months... I just met his parents yesterday (it was a big family gathering, though, so we didn't talk much -- I spent the majority of the time with his sister's four kids). I'm trying to decide when I should introduce him to my parents... I'm thinking some time soon...

Thanks for your two cents :)

• Yea no problem glad that helped. that's a good time mark to introduce him I would say. or maybe at least next month since that's just a half year mark

good luck!

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Guys Said 6

• I think 3 or more months is a safe bet to start meeting family members. Not all at once, lol. But it's a good time to met a few members.

• Personally I would wait until I truly like her and we're a serious couple. No point in introducing someone you've known for 2 weeks...might as well introduce your co-workers and all the strangers on the street you've said "hi" to.

• ine kinda hard because mine lives across the street and I new her parents for along time and when we started dating her parents were ok with it soo

• 2 years. and still not yet.

• i did it on our first date because my girlfriend really wanted me to. but now I look back and I realize that it was wrong

• Ya I met a girl like say a week into it, I came to her house, baked cookies together, had fun. and then had to pick her sisters from school, meet her mom, and then play crib... then she wanted me to have dinner with her whole family 3 days later. I turned that sh*t down like it was the plague

• Hahah sh*t I had dinner with her family like 5 times man. like wtf?

• Lol.. like. its just TOO early. Too f***ing early. but like family is a huge thing for this girl so... but having to meet them all and getting to know them and eating with them.... its like. I JUST MET THIS GIRL. there's a chance it won't work out or anything.. anyways. how long should you wait to meet the parents?

When its past that point that you both know you will be together boyfriend/girlfriend for whoever knows how long

More from Guys
1

What Girls Said 16

• It depends. Usually if you meet them earlier, it's because things are serious, or the person lives at home. Don't rush it. Because *if* things were to go sour, you're in a way getting them involved.

I met my boyfriends parents after a few weeks. In fact, I met his aunts, uncles, and cousins as well for family pizza night. Might as well get them all out of the way at once! :)

It really does vary from couple to couple. As long as you don't feel like you're rushing it.

• You don't have to be in love but it would be nice to be seriously dating that person. You don't want them to meet your man then a couple of months later your parents are meeting another man.

• Usually when we're in love or when I come over to hang out with my boyfriend. Usually, I let the guy decide, it's just less for me to worry and think about. Also, it shows his indication to get serious, if he takes you to see his parents, he wants a real relationship. Also, it depends on what type of parents he has. If he has prudent parents, then you might want to wait longer, but if they're lax, anytime would be fine. Hope this helps!

• Well it depeded on the guy and me. When I realized he was into me and I was really into him, that's when I decided was a good time. You don't have to be in love to do, but that may be how you were raised. It doesn't have to be extremly serious to do it, but a week into dating might scare him away.

• He hung out at my house the first time we met, so he met them before we dated. I met his parents the night he asked me out, but before he had. Not exactly traditional >.>

More from Girls
11