Kawaii (Cute) Japanese Street Fashion

The Decora fashion

This Harujuku street fashion first appeared in the late 1990's in the magazine FRUiTS. This style contains multiple layers, accessories, and plush toys that are incorporated into one outfit. The use of loud and vibrant colours, characters, and make-up are seen all through out this fashion style. There is a Pink Decora, but there's not much information on it I give you since it's not well known. Pink Decora is a decora substyle where pink is the main base, and there's little splashed of othe colours added to it. Haruka Kurebayashi is one of my favorite Decora wearers.

Kawaii (cute) Japanese Street Fashion Part 1 of 3 (maybe 4)~Decora on the left, and Pink Decora on the right.

Dark Decora/Koteosa

Dark Decora consists of many layers, accessories, and plushies just like it's brighter coloured big sister, but the difference here is it's mostly black with pops of colour seen all throught the outfit. This side of decora is for those who like the darker side of cute.

Dark decora on the left, and Pink Decora on the right.

Don't let race, societal norms, age, or gender hinder the choice in fashion you choose to wear. Fun fashion is for everyone one.

Part 2: Kawaii -Cute- Japanese Street Fashion

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 3

• They all look like bargain basement clowns, or people who got dressed in the dark.

• Personally I think that's how most Americans look, and why old trends that died are coming back. It's because no one can come up with something new and exciting.

• Yes , Art is unique and subjective to every person.

• Indeed it is.

• So they dress like freshmen lol.

• I think that fashion looks awesome. I'm going to Japan soon for the first time and I'm hoping to meet girls like this!

What Girls Said 11

• it's rare to see this style even in harajuku

• That's actually really cute, it would be awesome to be able to mix things up like that sometimes.

• They look so cute! 😄😘

• Oh goodness, that looks like a lot of work.

• I love it, it's so cute :)

• I don't like this looks as much as much as the pastel look.

• A lot of peeps feel odd about this one, but it's suppose to be over done and highly decorative which is why it has the name decora. Decora is short for decoration. xD

• I like the pink girl in the first picture. But I don't like the bright saturated blue and colors in the first picture. And I don't like the dark black with cutesy pink or skull fashion in general.

• I mean, I like the tutu and puzzle socks, but only for kids...

• But being boring when you're older is just... boring. Someone has to break the norm. xD

• Aww this is so cuuute, nice take 👍

• I love this! It's totally adorable!♡

• these look really cute. I <3 their anime culture so much.

• You should try them out if you think they're cute. Just make sure you do more research about the fashion first.

• I love these looks but I wonder how they can handle the heat in all those layers!!!