Makeup Guide: There's a Right Way, And a Wrong Way

EYEBROWS

DON'T!!!

Shape and draw in your brows so that they look like they were drawn with a sharpie. It looks tacky not seductive or pretty.

DO!!!

Lightly filling in your eyebrows looks pretty and classy and still gets full looking brows.

EYELINER

DON'T!!!

Super big dark cat eyes. They are overwhelming and honestly look trashy. We are looking at you Amy! (We still love you though)

DO!!!

Bold yet modest cat eyes are alluring and sexy! But can sometimes be hard to achieve.

LASHES

DON'T!!!

Super clumpy lashes look like you're trying too hard. And look like spiders on your eyes.

DO!!!

Find yourself a mascara that doesn't clump but still elongates your lashes. I use Maybelline Pumped Up and I love it!

LIPS

DON'T!!!

Lineing your lips with a different color is tricky and some pull it off and some don't. Most of the time you look like you are growing a mustache.

DO!!!

Line your lips with the same color of your lipstick. Just don't over line it.

CONTOUR

DON'T!!!

Don't pick a contour that is too dark and please please blend!!

DO!!!

Contour and highlight with the right color and so greatly blended.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• Both of your lashes pictures look creepy (the first one also being tacky), and both cat winged thing looks exactly the same to me.

However the eyebrows are good advice and the mustache made me lol

I don't even know what contour does.

• The lips in both versions seem weird and fake. I hope girls take your advice on the eyebrows. So many girls do that sharpie thing.

• Eh the lipstick thing looks fine to me

• I love girls using no makeup at all.

• DON'T!!!

Do that cat eye, winged eyeliner shit. You look like a trollop.

What Girls Said 21

• Regarding the lipliner -- If there's a color mismatch, then just "line" yr entire lips with the liner (instead of just the outside perimeter). As a bonus, if you do this, you don't really need a primer anymore, unless you are trying to get yr lippy to last for 16 hours.

Or you can use this stuff, which works pretty well:
    i.huffpost.com/.../o-NO-BLEEDING-LIPS-facebook.jpg

The pencil itself is weirdly crappy (and non-retractable, too), but it's a good product. They have it on the checkout line at just about every Sephora store.

contour is so hard

• Its a form of art anything is possible! Thats why I love it.

• I wish I was talented enough to do a cat eye for liner haha. I just skip that step all together 😂

good take, i liked it

• Wow, great tip's. I disagree with lip contouring though, it takes a lot of practice but done right it looks gorgeous, its just a matter of making the effort.

• Well i dont want to end up looking like everyone else

• Women can do whatever they please to alter their appearance and can look however they choose.

• How well your eyeliner goes on is a foreshadow of how your day is going to be. Perfect eyeliner = perfect day. Eyeliner smudged on your cheek or pooled in your contact lense or one eye is thick and the other is thin = call it a day, crawl into bed and drink a bottle of wine.

The two-tone lip liner and lipstick reminds me of the 90's. It was a very popular look especially with dark almost black liner and brown lipstick. I'll never forget hearing my uncle refer to this look as "butt hole lipstick"

• I know this is a crazy idea, but maybe... just maybe people could put whatever they want on their face however they want to. Amy and her big dark cat eyes are iconic because they don't conform to the rules.

• Oh my gawd, poor Lindsay. First that contour then her fiance and that Russian hooker.

• In my opinion, theyre all DONT except the eyeliner. I hate anything having to do with contouring, its not natural.

• You know there's no wrong way to wear makeup, if its what makes you feel confidant and what you have fun doing, that's all that matters.

• Also DONT shave off your eyebrows n draw them back on 😑 Even if you have naturally sparse or thin eyebrows

• The most i hate about makeup is by far the eyebrow filling... Especially the girls who do filling because they overly plucked their eyebrows and it looks funny like a tree branch on a canvas...

Anyways actually i hate makeup and the unnecessary money spent on the tools for it, except eyes, eyeliners, and mascara.

• Don't just line lips, fill them in with your liner and cover the liner with lipstick. That way lipstick lasts more and you can use a different coloured pencil to change the way your lipstick looks, eg red liner + hot pink lipstick=deep pink

• Sometimes I can get two different looks simply by changing the color of my lip liner.

• Funny how the girl in the DO picture of the contouring had the sharpie eyebrows

• This was good. I wear mascara everyday and only occasionally do I do the rest of my face because I feel like I will look ridiculous.

• This was a very good myTake.

• I use clear mascara myself :) It's nice because I have naturally dark eyelashes anyway, so it just makes them look longer and it doesn't clump at all.

Eyeliner is my favorite but it is the death of me haha! If I do it, it takes about 15 minutes of drawing, erasing, and redrawing.

And personally I don't use lipstick, lip liner, or blush. For my lips, I use gloss or occasionally lip stain (just personal preference - I don't like the smell of lipstick). And instead of blush, I just pinch my cheeks a few times. Other than that, all I use is powder and/or tinted moisturizer :)

Fun take!!

• Oh and eyebrows. I'm still a beginner in that area but I think I do an adequate job filling them in :)

• The only stuff I do is black mascara since I have light eyelashes without it I look sick lol and I occasionally do eyeliner but I am not very good unless I take an hour for each eye 😅 i only ever do the other stuff for school dances or weddings.

• More from Girls
    1