10 Vintage Fashion Trends That Are Making A Statement In 2016

1. The Choker

I'm seeing every emo and scene kid at school with them lol but they aren't the only ones wearing these (I'm not emo and I'm in love with them). This can become a part of anyone's outfit these days. Just walk into a high school and you will probably see every other girl wearing them, especially the tattoo ones.

Vintage Fashion Trends That Are Now Making A Statement In 2016.

2. Doc Martens

I need to one day get myself a pair...seriously. They are everywhere now. Just pair them up with a floral skater dress (we will get to that soon) and it makes a fashionable outfit.

3. Flannel

Again, just walk into a high school, and you will see every other kid (especially girls) with these shirts wrapped around their waists or just wearing them like...you know, a shirt.

(Oh, hi there Doc Martens).

4. Overalls

Sorry guys, but it's not this kind (they look so comfortable though):

(R.I.P. Lisa Lopes, you were 30 years too young).

Since everything is getting tighter, I'm talking about these:

I own a pair of the short ones and I love them very much! :)

5. Floral Skater Dresses

I see people with them at school every single day now. I like how they look though. You can also pear them up with a pair of Doc Martens and a choker. (Yep, we basically regurgitated a lot of things from the 90s since people miss them so much. I don't blame them, the 90s seemed cool).

I also see a lot of things in this specific floral pattern. Crop tops, kimonos etc.

6. Flower Crowns and Headbands

If you want proof of this, check every aesthetic Instagram page and the Coachella music festival.

7. Round Sunglasses

This is very common to see nowadays, since we got that whole hipster thing going on.

8. Crop Tops

Popular in the 80s and 90s, and are VERY popular today.

I happen to own quite a few of these.

They are great to wear during the summer, especially when you live in a hot climate.

9. High Waisted Anything

I'm talking about high waisted skirts, shorts, jeans, even high waisted bikinis.

You have probably seen Ariana Grande with her signature high waisted skirts before.

They go GREAT with crop tops.

And of course, we added our very modern twist to the maxi skirts to it by adding the very sleek and classy slit:

10. Dark Lipstick

Oh yeah, TOTALLY one of my favourite things in the world right now. Dark lipstick. Especially when it is matte. I know this is considered a 'beauty trend' not a 'fashion trend', but I just had to include it in here because I love it so much.

(Rihanna being her usual FLAWLESS self lol).

Well guys, that concludes it. Hope you enjoyed this myTake! :)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

What Girls Said 23

good take!!
    i own round sunglasses/crop tops/dark lipstick
    but i would like to have one of these Doc Martens tho :/

I have and wear 3 of those things: Dark lipsticks, high waisted anything and round glasses. =)
    Chokers - sure, but the classy, gold ones...

I like this take! The only trends of these I wear is flannel, high waisted skirts, and floral dresses. I don't have any crop tops but I want one.

So the 90's are coming back it seems. XD

So basically we decided that a lot of the fashion dictated by pop-punk and similar genres needed to make a comeback, and I am TOTALLY cool with that! Makes sense, a lot of the big pop-punk bands are getting airtime again and I mean for fuck's sake Blink-182 just released a new album and so will Green Day.

wow the 90s really are back... and it seems like it's justthe trends i didn't like.
    i hate everything except for the floral print dress and flower crown. i have several of those dresses. i thought they were called minidresses.

resource.shoppies.jp/.../MA_16030818062100.jpg

Yes!! And overlined lips haha
    I seriously cannot live without crop tops and high waisted clothes haha
    Love dark lipstick and chokers too

Love chokers and skater dresses, too. I'm a huge fan of anything vintage or retro. Favs, are the women and fashions of the 1940's through early 60's.

Yayyyyy for this! I love the 90s ♡

Nice take ! Is it ok that i'll edit this blog for our school magazine?

i wearall thisezcept tight overallds. i loveoverallsbutreal onesyoucan actually build thingsin. thetight ones look uncomfortable & usel;ess. alsoidont like fgloral anything. i actually skate&i love wearing dresses but dresses i can skate in. like soft material skin tight with shorts attached. i dont understand why skater dresses are called skater dresses. if you skate in them they look like theyd rip and also youd flash people if wind blew.

otherwise though i like all of that. though i prefer combat boots to doc martins. i like a thicker heal.

@i wear all this except tight overalls. i love overalls but real ones you can actually build things while wearing... the tight ones look uncomfortable & useless. also i dont like floral anything. just pretty gaudy except in special cases.

I feel like a lot of these have been back in style since the 90's

Is the nipple through the blouse thing on rihanna also a 90s Comeback? You know, Jennifer Anniston... And I would love to See today's kids' Version of "the Rachel"

by the way, I'm a 28 yo grown ass woman and I love wearing chokers. I sometimes am scared of being thought of as immature when I Sport them lol

OMG, I was happy to say good riddance to these...
    The Doc Martens were pretty expensive at the time, but almost everyone owned a pair.

Im sur my mom and her friends will be glad that their clothes and style are now fashionable again. Im still not going to dress like my mom though

Love chokers & anything floral <3

I love the fashion going on right now, even Instagram fashion, I love how everything is starting to mingle.

All these fashion trends are amazing. Each one is in my wardrobe. I especially crop tops, high-waisted clothing and of course short overalls.
    Coachella + flower crowns = a fashion trend that will last forever.
    Round sunglasses with t-shirt and jeans is an awesome casual outfit.

I don't consider 90s fashion vintage... I was born in 1990, it's not vintage yet. Good take but I'd have named it differently. And docs are always in fashion, they're cool as fuck.

My sister says the same thing, she is born the same age as you and thank you :)

@helloitsmethere I'd say 80s and 90s stuff today is more commonly just called "retro", because people still associate "vintage" with considerably older things. For instance, among car enthusiasts today, vintage cars are considered those made way back in the 1920s era! :)

But anyway, you'll feel differently about calling 20-year-old things "vintage" when you get to be our age: when you have a collection of enough memories to be able to compare 2 points in your life that are 20 years apart. xD

@nfigure yes! Everything you said! Retro isn't the same as vintage. I mean you see 90s clothes in vintage stores but that just means they're second hand, I really wouldn't consider anything as vintage until it's at least 45-50 years old and then only at a pinch. 80s and 90s stuff is retro to me.

And nobody likes being told their vintage at 26, that's horrid!

So the 90s are vintage now. Gosh I feel old.

Same! 😒 It's not vintage yet.

According to Google, clothing from the 1920s to 20 years before the present day is considered vintage. Time goes by really fast. I can't believe 'Dirty Little Secret' by All-American Rejects was made 10 years ago...

• More from Girls
    3