Are braces and glasses an instant turn-off?

Usually I wear contacts but recently my last pair got torn and I can't afford to get more for right now, so I'm stuck wearing my glasses :/ They have a very thin, lavender-colored frame. I've had them for years and actually need a newer pair of more mature glasses with a thin black frame but of course I can't afford that yet either.

I feel like a complete dork with both braces and glasses, which really sucks because I don't have a clue when I'm going to be able to get more contacts. Add that to the fact that, because I am very thin with a young face, people often mistake me for a 12-year-old, I am really feeling like the queen of unappealing right now. I'm really not into looks much, but it never feels good to feel ugly, you know?

I'm looking for honesty here. Does the combination of braces and glasses scream Lord of the Dorks?

I usually wear my hair up in a bun or ponytail. But will wearing it down look better/less pathetic?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are guys that willl see you as a great person without judging you for being a dork =)

What Guys Said 8

• You look FINE. Glasses have no effect whatsoever on beauty. Braces also have no affect whatsoever on beauty. Neither do buns nor pony tails.

I don't know why some girls are so hooked on the idea that these things affect how good they look. Sure, you may look younger but that's not a bad thing.

There was a movie back in the 90's called She's All That. A spoof called Not Another Teen Movie was made on it... This is a perfect example of how important glasses and a pony tail are on a girl. Watch carefully and let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/LkLH_5ErxqY

• I think the glasses look is sexy. As for braces I don't really see them as a turn off, my gf had them before we met and showed me pictures and I think she was cute. I think it depends. Some people can rock the braces and others can't as well.

• Braces : Yea Instant turn off, I'd love to see though how she'd look after removing them permanently.

Glasses : Depends how she looks with em on, some people look much better with glasses on you know

• No, not necessarily. Depends on how the girl looks, how she looks with them, how she dresses, hair. etc.

• Glasses make you look more intelligent and are a turn-on so long as they match your style.

Braces are fine; they have a niche appeal.

• I think glasses are very sexy

• No, they don't really matter

• I find glasses on a woman a turn on. As for braces. It doesn't bother me. At least it lets me know you are taking the right steps to correct your teeth. Besides braces are not permanent either.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think guys actually care about any of that. I also have braces and glasses.