Is it okay to wear sweatpants on a flight?

I'm flying in 2 days and was thinking about wearing sweatpants for the flight. I have an 8 hour flight, followed by a 6 hour transit, followed by another 4 hour flight. So I thought it would be best if I was dressed comfortably. However, according to a few people close to me sweatpants are not acceptable as they look tacky and sloppy.

Is it acceptable to wear sweatpants on a flight?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fine, there's no dress codes on a plane except that you can't wear anything that covers your face. My SO and I wore flannel pajamas on a flight to Europe with no problems, hahaha.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, of course it is. There's no problem with that. All you're going to be doing is sitting in a cramped space for a long period of time. Why not be comfy while doing it?

• You can wear sweatpants in stylish comfy ways. But unfortunately most people don't and it ends up looking sloppy. But who cares you'll never see these people again

• I've done it plenty of times, flying is uncomfortable enough, i think you should be as dressed as comfy as possible

• I've wore pajamas on a flight. Screw what other people think. Flying is uncomfortable enough.

• What makes you think there's a dress code on public planes?

• Definitely. Sweatpants can look really good on a guy depending on the rest of his outfit. The main thing is that you're comfortable during all the sitting and travelling. Just make sure you shower, comb your hair, brush your teeth, use deodorant, etc. - there's nothing worse than sitting near a seemingly unhygienic guy who looks (and smells) like he just rolled out of bed.

• Man.. It's just a flight, those people are nuts, like it's not a business meeting, you can wear what you want on flights! Most people just try to be comfortable on long flights.
    I fly very often, and everybody wears whatever the heck they want.

• Depends on the sweats... if it is a matching two piece sweat outfit that is in good condition then it's fine!

What Guys Said 3

• There is no dress code on a plane.

• Lol it really doesn't matter what you wear as long as it's not a facemask

• Dress for comfort. There's no rules of dress on planes

• If u r going on a business Trip then probably no.. cuz Co workers will be on the flight