Is makeup deceptive?

I feel that makeup is deceptive women want men to be honest with them but honesty isn't just what is said for example it's not very honest nor virtuous to deceive a a girl into sleeping with you by getting her drunk i feel that it is not very honest nor virtuous to deceive a man into liking you or into a relationship by changing your face into something it is not. So do you think makeup is deceptive?
i.huffpost.com/.../...CO-PRIMA-E-DOPO-facebook.jpg

cdn.emgn.com/.../...Before-and-After-Makeup-15.jpg

• yes i do
  • no i don't
  • kind of
  • i'm a guy
I am glad to see that this topic has brought such fruitful discussions it's important we discuss our opinions even in small areas of life like everyday makeup and yes i know i used models and celebrities here is a picture of an average everyday girl
themakeupstudio.net/.../...ter-bridal-makeup-1.jpg

blog.esioox.fr/.../Contouring4.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends. If someone uses a thick layer of makeup in the whole face then yes, I guess it can be deceptive. But not common makeup like mascara or a bit of rouge.

• A discrete bit of make up might not be remarked and might thus deceive.
      I'd rather think an obvious thick layer of makeup in the whole face will make it evident that "what you see is NOT what you get."
      Thus no, it's more like war paint than like deception then.

• @Kinstrome
      IMHO it's rather that heavy make up will trigger an alert code Orange in a guy's brain "Attention, fake product", while a light makeup will trigger less alarms in his brain.
      Of course, if the guy is on auto pilot with his tiny brain (3ft lower ), he can miss all kinds of alerts.

• It is not exactly deceptive. Makeup makes the girl feel beautiful, most times it is not for the male species. If it is a thin amount, then her face wouldn't change much. Honestly, do guys thinks all girls look exactly like they do without makeup as they do wih? Because I find that completely unrealistic. Let a girl feel beautiful, you should be attracted to her physically yes, but you should tay with her for her personality.
      Just some small points I came across, not sure if they are understandable or just a bunch of words that are difficult to grasp an idea from.

What Girls Said 99

• It is only deceptive if the person is applying layers of make up.

I wear basic foundation and I still look like myself.

I don't understand why a lot of people say p*rn stars or celebs are gorgeous.
    When really half of them without make up look like wet dogs like the ones shown above.

• i know right?

• True about the layers of gunk... a person skilled at makeup application can make it less noticeable. Unfortunately women usually do their own and some are better than others. Clubs are full of non-blended foundation, mis-applied lipstick, and wrong colours of eye shadow... and all these make people notice the makeup first and the person later.

If you google celebrities without make-up though, you'll find many who look sweet without it. There are some cases where they look much better without it IMHO (Kim K. pops to mind immediately). I met Britney Spears years ago without makeup and she was lovely.

• Its for their job. If they weren't wearing makeup, the guys would be making cruel and judgmental jokes.

• No one tolerates ugliness in the superficial society.

• yes yes and women are so not shallow

• Guys are "supposed" to have abs and defined jaw lines. Literally both genders give standards to the other in a general sense. (I'm not saying i think guys must have those i'm giving an opposite perspective than @abundantlyrich)

• I don't think it's deceptive, unless you're one of those girls who end up looking like completely different people. It's pretty well-known that women wear makeup and it shouldn't come as a shock to find out that a girl doesn't have huge eyelashes, built in eyeliner, clear and even skin, and gold eyelids. I've always told people that they should do what they have to do to feel comfortable, and for some people that includes applying makeup. You say we're deceiving men, but how are we supposed to walk around without makeup all the time in a world that has such high expectations of what women should look like. I saw a little picture on tumblr that said something like

Boys: Girls don't need makeup to be beautiful, they should just embrace their natural beauty.
    *girl goes natural*
    Boys: You don't look so great, are you coming down with a cold?

Lmao, it made me laugh, but it's really true. I stopped wearing makeup for a couple weeks and my grandma thought I was depressed and giving up on life haha

• Asker: I love how all your arguments about make-up involve the girl trying to "deceive the guy" And all your comparisons for the argument involve actual deception from the guy/and, or illegal. Anyhow, the point is I wear makeup for myself because I feel more awake, I like that everyday I get to be creative and come up with some new looks plus being in sales it's actually in my job description. I'm not trying to get a man, and damn sure not someone as narrow minded like you who's only concern is that you land a natural 8 or above. Quite honestly I think you need to stop looking at the girls with makeup as the problem and figure out why you feel so entitled to hook up with such naturally beautiful women? What happens when you find that perfect 10 woman on the outside but she's a 3 on the inside? What then?

• "What happens when you find that perfect 10 woman on the outside but she's a 3 on the inside? What then?"
      have you ever heard a term that goes "hit it and quite it?"

• @Koko124... If a guy is wearing 4 inch heals that would pretty much make him a cross-dresser, which in that case would be pretty deceptive (I would say) lol.

• I don't agree with your assessment on that.. Yes, guys are more physically driven then women, however when they fall for a woman they see the overall quality of the woman (inside and out). You are still quite young, so you may change your perspective in a few years.

• Makeup is for myself. I have no responsibility or care if you fall in lust with the me with eyeliner on I don't wear makeup for the approval of random guys.

• yup I'm sure it's not for the attention of random guys what's next showing cleavage is for you too and not for the approval of random guys get real.

• @Falling4UTC
      Then you have to ask yourself, why do you feel "confident" wearing make up. What are the psychological or instinctual underpinnings of such a feeling. Our most basic drive is to procreate, most of our exhibited behaviours are a result of this. Psychopathologies notwithstanding.

My advice is to read up on behaviourism, in particular conditioned responses. Make up can not by itself make you feel "happy & confident", it has no mood altering properties. Likely you feel positive from wearing it because you are conditioned to. This will in turn be likely a result of feeling attractive. We generally feel attractive because of positive reinforcement from the opposite sex.

• I did not say I feel attractive in it, just confident which though there is a connection between attractive and confident does not mean someone can't just be one of the two. I feel confident because I love to feel clean. I just got out of school right now and I feel not clean at all, because of running around. It is just something that makes me feel like I am taking care of myself. I dont brush my teeth for guys attention, but for me. I feel clean and on top of my life when I do certain things like makeup or cleaning.

• No. It's the guys fault for being so addicted to beauty that he fell in love with an illusion. The guy who falls in love with a hot girl with make up is a shallow jerk.

• i never said anything about falling in love but with your logic it's the girls fault for liking the guy when she was drunk because she "fell in love with an illusion."

• @BiggsyDaBoss hahaha yeah and even worse is that it's acceptable to blame us for everything.

• @Asker
      That is the unfortunate truth. Living with a woman for over 10 years. I get the blame for situations that are objectively out of my control. Say I've been at work all day, I come in, my partner finds that the puppy we have has done a poo in the upstairs bathroom. My fault for some reason, yet I haven't even taken my work shoes off yet, let alone been upstairs.

Women eh? God decided to wrap up all the crazy in the world, in to one neat package called women. Then decided that this ball of crazy should be the very creature we are most drawn to. lol

• Well ya they are. But you know you say you want girls to be honest, yet you're so harsh to judge a girls looks. So you can't really blame us for using make up.
    It's a two way street

And honestly I think in this day and age, if you see a celebrity at any kind of even or really any hot girl online and you don't realize she is wearing loads of make up and is photoshopped, you're just an idiot

There are different types of make up obviously. I think lipstick and mascara and stuff enchance certain features and usually make little difference.
    Contouring and highlighting on the other hand can make a huge difference
    sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/.../...r.jpg
    assets.ipsy.com/.../2_mi-ho0742thjp31gku.png

But well once again, you can't blame us for doing it if most guys go for the heavy make up option 99% of times

• can't blame the guy that got the girl drunk either girls go for that guy 99% of the time

• they are both respectable sources if you are not satisfied i apologize your highness i will try harder next time.

• clearly I didn't say that. I said they are one and the same thing, as they are referencing the same research

• Absolutely not. If you think any of that makeup is natural the only deception occurring is your own stupidity. If some dipshit thinks my eyelids are naturally green I'm concerned for his mental health. Its a million dollar industry present in every grocery store across America, but somehow men are shocked to find out the average woman partakes in it?
    By that same logic, clothing is deceptive because it alters the appearance. Tell me, are you terrified when people change clothes?

• I could accuse you of being deceptive for not being a nudist by that exact same logic. Sheesh.

• Omg you're one of those fedora meme guys please block me already. And by the way, i wouldn't care if my man was fake in a manner of appearence as long as it makes him happy. Someones appearance tells me nothing about their personality

• ad hominem
      ad naseum

• If a guy doesn't realize that the girl he likes doesn't actually have gold eyelids and naturally black skin around her eyes then that is his problem.
    Women wear make up because that's the way we are raised. If we aren't good looking enough then no boy will like you.
    And FYI, those sample picture have horrible lighting, no one would look good in than light. Plus the first girl after make up is completely airbrushed in Photoshop. Boys are fucking idiots.

As soon as society stops putting such a strong emphasis on a girl's appearace, then maybe we can stop wearing it without fearing being called ugly.

• not all girls do glamour makeup there is more natural looking makeup stop blaming society and the way you were raised for your problems it's your own insecurities guys are taught that we must be muscular but there are a lot of us that frankly don't give a shit and don't blame society for it.

• The first picture shown was done by an incredibly talented makeup artist from the middle of no where. They also didn't just use the makeup you see at your local CVS, we're talking thousand dollar products, and hours upon hours spent on that lady! No normal woman has that kind of time! People who do change drastically with makeup like that can also afford all kinds of plastic surgery and stuff. Therefore the only people who change this drastically are either celeberties (who can also do a lot more than makeup), and one time subjects being used for a makeup artist's portfolio... Even your beauty guru co-worker doesn't look that different with makeup. And when people truly will look different with out makeup, you'll be able to tell, their makeup will look cakey/crusty, it will be obvious how heavily it was applied. Makeup is good, a little mascara and eyeliner can make a woman more confident and feel empowered, makeup also has a rich history and has deep roots in different cultures. You also have to consoder when some of these before and after poctures are taken... maybe that girl was having a really bad slump, she hasn't brushed her hair, showered, and she woke up two minutes ago, and the photo was taken in horrible lighting. I look a lot different when I first wake up compared to an hour later, I'm still groggy and my face is swollen. And if you're going to get upset about how decieving it is maybe we shouldn't blame the women for wearing it, but the people who make them feel as if they should wear it.

• Ot to mention make up is an art form. It's also huge in many subcultures and allows people to express themselves. Of we dodn't have makeup we'd just be one step closer to gobalization. Makeup is also important to theatre (like hugely important) Makeup is used to enhance features and is often misunderstood/looke past about how aignificant it is to culture. It's just as important as food or music. ... also in the words of another intelligeant gager "Of you think my eyelids are green you're a dipshit"

• You posted this anon, too? Please just block me. I'd rather not see your posts anymore or the people responding to your posts anymore. When you get a chance please google "makeup is not deceptive" and read the arguments.

• i'm not blocking anybody that's too much reverence just suck it up

• It's so annoying when guys do this. I wear makeup because I don't like the way I look without it. I've had acne since 5th grade, I wasn't allowed to wear makeup until 9th grade; so I went 4 long years feeling absolutely hideous. Guys would say things like "you could be pretty but you have acne so...", little kids would ask "why do you have little bumps on your face?". So I didn't feel pretty, I would cry about it a lot. I wouldn't leave my house, I would starve myself, I wouldn't take pictures, would do things that covered up my face In every way imaginable.
    And then I found makeup. For 8 hours a day I didn't have to wonder if everyone was staring at me or my makeup. People would give me compliments. I felt... pretty. I took pictures again, I left my house again.
    So no I'm not trying to trick you when I wear makeup, I'm trying to make myself happy and feel good. And if you really loved or liked someone you wouldn't care about how they look physically. Look at that woman, he's wearing red lipstick and eyeliner, it's obvious she's wearing makeup. Sofia vergara is an actress that always wear makeup. So no one is "tricking" you they're doing something that makes them feel good about themselves, and your just too lazy to notice or ask. So if you don't want to date girls with makeup fine, but don't pretend like its equal to rape

• guys don't wear makeup and have acne too little kids also comment on our bumps but that doesn't mean we must cover ourselves with some fake layer to feel confident again that's just weak minded (plus makeup makes acne worse) this sounds more like a psychological problem and makeup is your quick fix like the person who has psychological problems and alcohol is his way of dealing with them.

• It's not like I never take of my makeup. It's just something I wear. Much like clothing. Just because I walk around clothes doesn't mean I'm trying to deceive men about what my body looks like, it's just means I enjoy wearing clothes and it makes me feel good.

• what a terrible comparison of course you wear clothes even if you didn't like it it's illegal not to

• I agree. It's why I don't listen when people tell me I should wear a lot. I am not that attractive at all. Other people have told me that I could wear a lot of makeup to make myself look better. I disagree though. If I were to finally meet a guy, I don't want him to like me for my fake face and then dump me when he finds out what I really look like.

I do try my best to look better by doing my hair and wearing nice clothes though. If I wear makeup it's just eyeliner and mascara. I don't wear any other makeup. Most of the time I don't even bother with the eyeliner and mascara.

I don't see anything wrong with other girls who do wear it though. I don't want to judge people for something they want to do with themselves, I just personally won't do it for me. I don't see the point.

• To be fair, the pictures you shared are probably not just *professionally done* makeup but also most likely *photoshopped* as well. When I wear makeup, I don't think it's deceptive. Does it hide minor flaws like dark circles under my eyes and pimples and unevenness of skin tone? Yes. Does it actually change how I look? Definitely not! I do not have a professional makeup artist, access to photoshop, or the ability to contour. So I say no, normal everyday makeup is not deceptive, it is just improvement. :)

• Hi There! First let me just say that the first makeover photo that you posted is AMAZING! Kudos to that MUA!! LOL Now to your question: Yes, makeup can be deceptive. If you are using it to hide or conceal features about yourself then yes. However, in most instances, makeup is used to highlight or enhance your best features. The woman pictured above has beautiful blue eyes that were being washed out by blotchy skin and an ungroomed eyebrow. See the difference after? what you're seeing is a trick of the eye, contouring achieved through the use of cosmetics. In essence, she is still the same person, just "enhanced". Makeup is deceptive when used to hide permanent scars, marks, acne, etc. which are things that can be corrected through properly taking care of the skin through diet, dermatology and by letting the skin "breathe". Have you ever noticed that many makeup artists have very beautiful natural skin? even though they may wear a "full face" everyday? it all comes down to proper skin care. You should never want to be dependent on makeup to feel beautiful or confident. A good facial cleanser, moisturizer, toner and sun screen should do the trick,,,, in addition to plenty of water, vitamins, fruits & veggies. xo

• I think if a guy is stupid enough to think I naturally have purple lips and black eyeliner and maybe eyeshadow. They need help.
    Every girl I've met agrees we don't wear it for you. So f off.

• you do know not all women go out with glamour right? so f off

• Of course it's deceptive, people cover blemishes and skin problems with it. They create bigger lip and longer lashes with it. They create the illusion of a more feminine or more mature face with it. If it wasn't deceptive people wouldn't be using it because that's it's whole goal: to make you look better.

• Make up can NOT, by definition, change your face. It can only enhance it. You can make your eyes look bolder than they already are--you can make your cheeks rosier, or your eyebrows fuller. You can make your skin glow. But an ugly girl cannot be made beautiful with makeup alone. The pictures that you posted--those women already have high cheekbones, small noses, and nicely shaped eyebrows. Someone just snapped pictures of them making icky faces in bad lighting. So no, I don't think makeup is deceptive. It's just a way for girls to look their very best--anything beyond that is impossible.

• to be honest, even natural can be deceptive. For example, right now I haven't eaten anything (have a stomach ache NOT anorexic), suffering from a lack of sleep and generally feeling shit. Result: I look like an ghost and slug around the house with feeble amounts of energy

In the summer: tanned, sunkissed blonde hair, fresh out of the swimming pool when my face is flushed from exercise I look hot, and I feel confident and energized!

So you could say that a because someone's natural physical state fluctuates, a representation of them at one moment in time is deceptive?

• I look good with or without makeup. I don't see makeup as a deception but a tool to enhance ones beauty. My friends, family and exes have all said you don't need to wear makeup that I am already beautiful without it but I enjoy making up my face. Its apart of me taking care of me.

• the irony is that it will decay your natural beauty by wearing it.

• Only if you don't take of your skin. I do. Kind of obsessive compulsive about my skin. I also use 100% cocoa butter on my skin.

• The examples you provided are not just make up. They're digitsllg enhanced and altered. So don't go by that. If you're taking foundation, concealer, blush, mascara, eyeliner, shadow, lip liner, lipstick, under eye lightener, then yeah that can be a little deceptive. A little mascara and bronzer is just enhancing.

• Those pictures you put on - hell yes it is.

But what normal people put on - isn't.

(Piling on makeup so that people won't know what you really look like without it - that's deception. I wouldn't recognize any of those women if I only knew them with makeup on and saw them somewhere in town without it...)

• Those two cases are pretty extreme. I don't think that a small amount of powder type foundation, a brush of rouge, lip gloss and a slight bit of eyeliner is deceptive at all. You can see the real me through what little I wear, just a little detailing. No more deceptive than when you guys was, wax, polish, clean the windows and dress up all tee rubber and interior on your car until it is radiant! Most of us never wear the level of makeup being shown. That's almost if not to the level of theatrical makeup where the illusion of the person is quite different than reality. If that's what you're talking about then, yes I would agree. Those are professionally made up people so you don't see that every day. At least I dont.

• Yes it is...

• Not when you use it to highlight your features.

But I think makeup like this is too much

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images

• Its beautiful don't get me wrong, but too much for everyday

• yes, because not wearing any makeup at all shows the most truth. therefore there's gotta be some deception. i dont wear makeup (though i tried it a few times) because it ruins my skin, and pulls out my eyelashes :/

• Some girls look like two different people with and without make up, if that's the case it's deceptive. This is why I don't wear fake eye lashes, I don't wear extensions, dye my hair or have fake nails/tan. I wear some make up, but when I take it off I don't look like a different person. My bf prefers me without make up, but I prefer at least some because it can make you look more awake and refreshed.
    There's nothing creeper to me than seeing a girl peel off all this shit after a night out, eye lashes, hair etc and it's all over the floor. Lol

• I feel a little makeup should be no problem at all. For example, all i usually wear is eyeliner and chap stick. Sometimes for a more important event i will put a bit more on, never a full face of makeup. I think a lot of makeup is not nessecary. Especially if you are in a relationship you should feel comfortable around your guy with nothing on, that is important in a relationship. Besides, every girl looks better without makeup, because it is the fact that it's your face

• Ok i can see if you use little makeup. When i say little i mean a little eyeliner and mascarra maybe a light brush of eyeshadow. Anything more than that is plastic looking. If she looks to perfect she probably is. Come on you can't tell me that a girl has a pond of makeup on. If they do they look porclin or fake. I don't know maybe that is just me

• Most everyday girls don't wear as much makeup as your links do. I guess if you turn into a totally different person that people can't recognize you anymore, then yes, it can be deceptive. Otherwise, we mostly only use makeup to cover blemishes and make us feel and look more presentable and well put together.

Imagine a woman walking into a job interview looking the way she looks like when she gets out of bed. She would totally have a disadvantage compared to the madeup girls, simply because the made up girls look like the put an effort to look presentable and "ready to take on the world".

If you think make up is deceptive, then you should think clothes are deceptive too, because they hide body imperfections, little fat rolls on the stomach, and scars.

• i like your reply and yeah i find clothes to be deceptive too for example water bras and other fake add ons.

• I'm talking about normal everyday clothes, like a regular sweater.

Everything in this world is deceptive man. Perfumes are also deceptive, right?

• I feel make up just improves what you already have, it doesn't deceive but I know some girls wear way too much and they look completely different which I guess you could count as deceptive, but I think most girls use enough to enhance their face, not change it.

• More from Girls
    69

What Guys Said 25

• Make-up is not deceptive. What you've done is taken images that have make-up & photoshop & a completely different type of camera lens and compared them and photoshop is outright deceptive with the lens on the camera making a huge difference in how things look.

• Basically the guy in the Jason mask or the girl you saw down the street this Halloween dressed up as a fairy that looked bad is because they didn't have the face for it. Given a proper lens any professional can fix that.

• Even a toddler sees at first sight that 'Metallic Cat Eye' and those lips here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMpL-BPkbFs are just war paint.

• Every time I see a woman with makeup all I can think of is:

"What other lies is she telling me? Is she secretly a queen in commoner clothes? Does she have a bank account in the Caymans? Will I live up to the standards of her overbearing father?"

And then I have to go sit down and chew some gum before I pass out.

• I have a female cosplayer I follow in Facebook. I think she is really pretty but she posted a makeup tutorial in YouTube so at the beginning of the video she is not wearing any makeup and she looked very different, much less pretty. I still follow her cosplays and I think she's adorable in most of her pictures but I still cannot understand how can she change so much with makeup. I know this girl from my school who looks disastrous in school but she actually has an instagram page with many followers who call her gorgeous because she wears LOTS of makeup in those pictures.

• Few people who use makeup put on as much as a celebrity does. Celebrities have professional artists work on their appearance, and even those professionals are at the upper end of their profession.

The majority of girls who put on makeup don't fundamentally change their appearance. I suppose you could say it's deceptive, but then again, so is washing the natural oils out of hair, or shaving beards. People even have a biological instinct of tightening their abdomens to appear more fit. Human beings have always tried to enhance themselves, and I don't think it's a destructive part of human nature.

• no i don't think it's destructive either but just feel kind of cheated in the morning if she's good at it you may think she was an 8 but she was actually lower depending on your preferences for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMpL-BPkbFs

• Well, I think the girl in the video is pretty without makeup, even if she looks a little like she's woken up drunk. But anyway, it's pretty obvious when a woman puts on that much makeup. I don't think the ordinary guy would think "yeah, she's really that good-looking."

It's not such a big loss to find out a girl wasn't as attractive as she first appeared. There are plenty of girls for you, and plenty of guys for her.

• Deception? Look at this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U

• If you think a woman is being deceptive about who they are because they are wearing makeup, then it shows that you are only focusing on her outward appearance, and looks aren't everything. If it's a one night stand sort of thing, then so what? You're never going to see her again, and she looks attractive on that night, who cares.

• if it's a one night stand it's a thing of pride and no i am not shallow i am realistic looks are half of the reason we like people.

• @miserybusiness it's at least half and i have enough life experience to come up with this conclusion and it's not just guys in fact women tend to be more shallow than guys.

• Okay there, OP. I never said women aren't shallow. After your other comment, I can tell that it'll be impossible to reasonably debate this. Stay in your little bubble of delusion.

• It is a deceptive if her goal is to change completely who she looks like. Makeup is there to enhance, not give you a damn plastic surgery.

• well, Photo Shop and make up do real 'wonders'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRlpIkH3b5I

• @jacquesvol The average girl (or guy) is not an expert in using photoshop or makeup. The work done on celebrities or for the purpose of bringing attention to self-image problems is highly advanced. It may perhaps be noble to tell girls that they don't have to look like supermodels (although I hope that people don't use this as a justification for complacency), but that's an entirely different thing than an ordinary girl (or guy) using a little makeup.

• Make up is live photoshop

• I don't think it is deceptive because if it was deceptive, then so would 6 pack abs. Makeup or a good physique doesn't make us who we are. That being said, I do personally believe makeup is often overused. I say, keep it simple. When I kiss a girl on the cheek I don't want to smell or taste layers of makeup. Lipstick and maybe eyeliner or mascara is the most I prefer. All that stuff caked onto the face to hide the blemishes makes me worry that the girl is too self-conscious. But at the same time, if a lot of makeup makes the girl feel better about herself, then more power to her. But please scrape off a few layers before we make-out.

• no man 2or 4 or 6 or 8 pack abs were actually worked for and earned that is a part of that person it isn't something fake added on to make it look like you have abs but you really don't.

• Asker, my point is simple, abs or makeup doesn't change who we are.

• Your poll is flawed. Why would you put "I'm a guy"? That is who you should be asking this question to. Women use it but typically it is put on more for men looking at them.

• I don't know just look at the comments i knew men wouldn't be as interested in the topic as women and of course it's flawed all polls on this website are flawed there not fucking Gallup poll furthermore your not obliged to click on I'm a guy as many have clicked on the other options despite being male.

• I think. most womem are beaitiful anyway with or without makeup but it does make them a little sexier when they get all dolled up besides i think women like looking hot for their man and really i thimk the personality is the hottest thing on a girl because she might have a slammin body but its nothing if she stuck up.

• Holy crap on the second picture I feel the same shock value when Eugene said he wasn't a scientist O. O

• haha apparently that's not a really her i just found it on a magazine website this is the real one the girls tell me
      fried-junk.com/.../

celebfuse.files.wordpress.com/.../...a-vergara.jpg

• @miserybusiness then i don't care how betrayed you feel the next morning after a guy gets you drunk and shags you

• What are you talking about? What does rape have to do with anything? That's disgusting. What the hell?

• I have a weird ability to stare past their makeup and see them for who they are. I know they're very insecure if they wear more makeup and moer secure if they wear less.

• My wife is beautiful without make-up, and I still think so 14 years later. However, when we go out she still puts it on, and is very skilled at it. I always get a thrill at the transformation because she looks a different kind of beautiful.

If we are to accuse make-up for being a deception, what about clothes? All of us, guys included try on clothing at the shop and look in the mirror. If the clothes make us look bad we don't buy them, but if they make us look good we do. Is it not also deception to wear a style of shirt that hides a slight bulge here or there? Few of us have truly perfect bodies... so are we lying by not just being naked all the time?

• I've hear this clothes argument before and yes clothing can be deceptive like water bras, push up bras, and jeans that purposefully lift up a saggy bum to make it look good now i believe that this argument goes to an extreme when suggesting we become nudists it's just trying to make my point sound ridiculous and out of proportion i have no problem with her wearing makeup for special occasions as long as i know what she looks like without it and sadly 2/3 of women don't let their significant other see them without makeup i also have a problem with the women that put on their camo before going man hunting at a club or some other place for an easy lay.

• I do get your point now. I think it is weird that a woman would not let their partner see them without makeup. It shows a serious lack of self-esteem.

• Yeah but I never dated women who wear much makeup. I have lucked out and found natural beauties.

• Sure you could say makeup is deceptive but lets be honest if one day all women stopped wearing make up we would all worship makeup like a God lmfao

• It really depends on the person. If the makeup is used for a special occasion, church, or covering up a scar (I know someone who does this) then its okay. It really shouldn't be used as much at the gym, library, school, and certain other places. Using like a whole pound of it to the point if you are touched and is on someones hand, clothes, cheek, or other places, thats a bit too much.

• Many women couldn't survive in this world without it. Not having makeup around could be likened to a humanitarian crisis for many of these girls. So I say keep it around for their sakes

• I think makeup is for enhancing beauty and not to be overdone.

• I still say wear enough makeup for guys to actually see who you really are on the outside.

• This sounds silly. Who really cares?

• according to the answers quite a lot of people care

• If the girl looks good in the make up she wears, that's fine by me.
      It sounds like you're picky. If so, whatever floats your boat.

• As long as she always has it on... I think its ok

• bahahah than what if one morning you see her without it?

• Jenna marbles is the the best example

• It is deception. It's trying to make yourself look better and appealing. For example, you have 10 cars. They are all Cadillacs. They are all the same, but you can customize the wheels, rims, windows, etc. But in the end it's still the same car.

The irony of makeup is that you use it to make yourself look better but your at the same time making yourself look worse overtime.

• Listen. For whatever reason as guys we can look good without make up, obviously Brad Pitt on a movie set will look a little bit better than Brad Pitt walking around the mall but as guys we can look pretty good without make up, for whatever reasons girls using the make up to cover up imperfections makes us think they are flawless so that when a girl doesn't wear make up she looks brutal. It's not them lying to us or deceiving us it's them looking perfect for us even girls who don't wear that much make up are still putting on a fair bit it's good man don't hate it.